ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enterepreneur Tier 1 Refuse English Language Test

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vishwa79
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Enterepreneur Tier 1 Refuse English Language Test

Post by Vishwa79 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi Zimba,

I am faced with the exact situation as ASRY where my application was refused on the 25th for the same reason. I too took the IELTS General Training test here in Colombo with IDP and passed with a level C1.

Do you think I will stand a chance if I go for an admin review as I have the remaining 85 points or is it just a dead-end when I should give up hopes on?

On a related note, the refusal referenced Appendix 0 (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... uage-tests) and there it says IELTS Life Skills is an option. Can you kindly confirm whether this valid for T1 Entrepreneur Visa as it can be achieved within a week compared to IELTS General Traning UKVI, which can take 3-4 weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Vishwa79
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Re: Enterepreneur Tier 1 Refuse English Language Test

Post by Vishwa79 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Sorry for the repeat message. I am totally new here and can someone kindly help me clear my doubts before I take the admin review option in the next few days?

Thanks for all your support in advance!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:15 pm

No you must provide a secure test. IELTS is ONLY acceptable if it done at an approved visa center (SELT). I explained clearly above
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Vishwa79
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Vishwa79 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:47 am

Hi Zimba,

Thanks for your response. I sat for IELTS UKVI test last week and I should get the results in the coming weeks. Do you think I can go for an admin review by providing the new test certificate or should I consider a fresh application?

However, since T1 Entrepreneur Visa is no longer an option, the next path would be to consider the new innovator visa. Do you have any idea when the applications are going to start for endorsements? I checked the websites of the endorsing bodies, but there are no information with this regard. It’s only the TechNation who has stated that they will only start this path towards September 2019.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:26 am

You can only AR on the argument that the decision was wrong. Your refusal was because you did not supply a qualifying IELTS. Having a new certificate now makes no difference as at the time of decision you did not supply a qualifying document.

Therefore AR will maintain the refusal.

Vishwa79
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Vishwa79 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 am

Thanks Frontier Mole for the clarification.

By any chance do you have any answer for the second part of my question, regarding the innovator visa path? I have been in the UK for almost 5 months and done all the hard work in setting up my tech startup and raising VC capital and securing the launch customers. Without the right long stay visa, the investors are skeptical to close the deal and I am in a standstill without being able to commit on a firm timeline to my investors, clients and even my employees. Any help is much appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:55 am

Not my area of expertise at all the innovation route. I can honestly say I will know less than you - sorry 😐

I have not even begun to look at the new route and had zero knowledge of the innovation route as it stood in the past. So unfortunately I am of little help.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:56 am

Do not tag your questions to other people's posts. I have split it out.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Vishwa79 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:47 am

However, since T1 Entrepreneur Visa is no longer an option, the next path would be to consider the new innovator visa. Do you have any idea when the applications are going to start for endorsements? I checked the websites of the endorsing bodies, but there are no information with this regard. It’s only the TechNation who has stated that they will only start this path towards September 2019.
That seems to be rather poor planning on part of HO.

You should still try contact the various bodies by email or telephone and check if any of them are offering endorsement.

The other option is to check if you qualify under https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-graduate-entrepreneur-visa and change when the endorsing bodies are ready.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.