Welcome to immigrationboards.com!
dafkoy45 wrote: ↑Wed May 22, 2019 5:17 pmFirstly I thank almighty GOD for his faithfulness upon me and my family .Also I will like to express my appreciation to you all the moderators including Zimba, Marcnath,Cr001 with every member on this forum for your excellent advice and information on tier1 entrepreneur and other immigration matters, GOD bless you all
In June 2017, I submitted my application including one dependant (my wife) for extension .I made sure all the requirements for extension were met before postage also making sure all the documents were properly arranged in different files, attached coloured paper stickers with short appendix notes on each document so that the case worker can easily correlate how it meets each criteria. In addition my lawyer added a cover letter explaining how each documents meet each criteria for extension.
In late February 2018 I received an interview email and in first week of march 2018 I had an interview with the home office compliance officer which went well, including him meeting one employee, seen all the evidence of job done to clients, seen health and safety gadgets, Company signs at the front of the office, business plan, price lists, expired employers liability insurance documents, office tenancy agreement, functioning website, email correspondence with clients, employee documents and so on, unfortunately I made mistakes in just 3 questions which was company turnover for a specific year, total amount spent for advertisement and how many holidays does an employee entitled to in a year. The figures I gave them does not tally with the financial account submitted
After the interview home office went silent for 10months however during this period there were uncountable number of calls to the home office virtually every month, letter sent to the home office by my lawyer, complain email sent to their complaint department and 2 letters at different occasions sent by my local MP to speed up their decision.
My MP got a response from the home office which says they can confirm my application is still under active consideration however they are still checking balance of probabilities on credibility with this application and they will write me when a decision has been made in due course.
Fortunately in first week of January 2019 I received a letter from the home office to attend second interview in their London office in third week of this same month, which I attended and all the former wrongly answered questions were repeated also they tried to drill me further, luckily I was well prepared this time around and the questions were correctly answered this time to the best of my knowledge with additional documents posted after the interview to prove my genuineness.
After this second interview the home office went silent again for another 4 months.The disturbing part of it is that this delay has caused so much damaged to my business and finances such as running into a business loss, unable to pay office rents and sleepless nights, worries and I don’t want to risk searching for jobs.
Luckily after 23 months my dependant and I clocked 10 years legal stay in united kingdom and in first week of May 2019 we varied our application to super priority indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in UK under 10 years continuous lawful resident .
Guess what !! I received our ILR approval with all the tier 1 entrepreneur extension documents in just 5 days after variation of the application and have also received my settlement biometric card
After the post man handed this documents to me, I opened it and saw my ILR approval letter, will you believe I was shedding tears, rolling on the floor, after something I can’t hold this overwhelming joy so I ran into the street shouting “thank you Lord “ .The reason is that am now totally free from immigration restrictions and extensions.
I was so happy because the entrepreneur extension delay has caused so many traumas in my business to the extent that I cannot pay house rent and other bills not to talk to office rent but finally I received victory.
Thanks to every member on this forum that’s has put his or her own story on this platform for others to learn from it, God bless you all and I wish you all the best .
Advice for those that are still waiting to hear from home office after interviews
If you have been interviewed endeavour to request for your interview transcript and carefully reviewed all your answers, note all the questions you feel you didn’t answered very well and write them with buttress information and updated supporting evidence, it might help, don’t give them room to refuse your application, as long as decision has not been made you can send supporting information and evidence. Please am not perfect but I believe it can help.
Advice for those that are about to submit their extension application or has submitted their application for long time and has not yet been interviewed
You might not be called for interviews but expect and prepare for it, there are so many interview questions on this forum which really helped me
In addition endeavour to review all your supporting documents you sent along with your application or about to send making sure they meet home office requirement especially
• current appointment report,
• directors loan agreement,
• accountant compilation report,
• letter from registered account confirming job creation
• company financial or management account (please note make sure money invested shows in director or directors name)
• Evidence to show money has been invested in UK business (business bank statement showing transactions of money transferred from my personal account into business account)
• Evidence to show business has a UK premises (a printout companies house document showing my name as it appears on the application form and the address of registered office in UK
• Evidence to show company is subject to UK taxation ( CT41G document from companies house showing the company has registered for corporate tax)
• Evidence to show company has a UK bank account (Bank statement or a Letter from bank confirming account details, signatory to the account and the company is a limited liability company)
• Evidence of registration of business within six month of entering into the route (A print out of current appointment report listing me as a director of the company with date of appointment as a director of the company and a printout of company filling history from companies house)
• Evidence of current registration when applying for extension (A printout of current appointment report and a company filling history page)
• Evidence to show the employee are settled worker (a copy of British passport page ,biometric page of indefinite leave to remain in UK or any European Union citizens of the employees )
• Evidence to show hours worked by employee (payslips)
• Evidence to show you are reporting Pay As You Earn (PAYE) income tax (print out of real time full payment submissions which confirms the report of PAYE to HMRC
• For those that love sending all bank statements, to the best of my knowledge it is not necessary one month bank statement or a letter from the bank confirming you have a bank account in UK is enough and you are a signatory to the account. The reason is that some case worker are so rigorous in accessing applications and can take their time checking every single transactions looking for loop holes
Advice for those that their tier 1 entrepreneur applications is delayed and they are getting close to 10 years
Just keep praying they should not remember you until you get to your 10 years and from 28 days before you clocked it quickly varies it. I don’t think they consider genuineness in tier 1 entrepreneur applications before granting ILR as long you don’t use deceptive documents.
10 years continuous lawful residence applications are straight forward, just have your English language, pass life in UK test and don’t spend 540 days absence in UK throughout your ten years. Even if applicants tier 1 entrepreneur is refused within 14 days before the 28days of the ten years, you can still apply for administrative review and apply for your ILR immediately you get to the 28 days before 10 years.
In conclusions please note all advises may not conform with your own idea or home office criteria but it is just the way I feel I can contribute to others in need, because I also learn from here .Once again thank you all and don’t forget to add prayers in your own religion because it helps me too. For those that want to ask further questions from me, put it in your comments I will respond. Bye for now