ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP NEEDED-Tier 1 Extension - The first company is liquidated

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

entrepy
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

HELP NEEDED-Tier 1 Extension - The first company is liquidated

Post by entrepy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:29 am

Hello dears,

I have a question which I will be more than happy if someone helps me with answers.

I received my entry clearence on 1st of January 2018 and incorporated the company on the same month. Company started actively trading on December 2018. I have invested more than 180.000 GBP but due to business circumstances now all accross the UK I am having huge losses which I am not able to carry anymore. I decided to liquidate the company and start a new business in different business sector this month.
I am going to apply for extension with my new company.
Will my previous invesment and employment be counted for extension? Liquidation is not something illegal and it is right of every company as long as company is clearly in loss. I am only afraid if Home Office will make a problem because of this liquidation and will not count my investment and employment.

Can someone help me with answers?

Thank you beforehand

marcnath

Re: HELP NEEDED-Tier 1 Extension - The first company is liquidated

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:38 am

entrepy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:29 am
Hello dears,

I have a question which I will be more than happy if someone helps me with answers.

I received my entry clearence on 1st of January 2018 and incorporated the company on the same month. Company started actively trading on December 2018. I have invested more than 180.000 GBP but due to business circumstances now all accross the UK I am having huge losses which I am not able to carry anymore. I decided to liquidate the company and start a new business in different business sector this month.
I am going to apply for extension with my new company.
Will my previous invesment and employment be counted for extension? Liquidation is not something illegal and it is right of every company as long as company is clearly in loss. I am only afraid if Home Office will make a problem because of this liquidation and will not count my investment and employment.

Can someone help me with answers?

Thank you beforehand
The investment and employment will still be considered.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entrepy
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by entrepy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Thank you for the answer.

Will that liquidation cause any problems or delays?

Accountants say that as long as you are in loss you can go to liquidation. There shouldn't be a problem. But from immigration point of view I am afraid it this make immigration officer to reject my case.

I will establish another company and will run that with staff and everything needed for extension.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:21 pm

entrepy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:46 pm
Thank you for the answer.

Will that liquidation cause any problems or delays?

Accountants say that as long as you are in loss you can go to liquidation. There shouldn't be a problem. But from immigration point of view I am afraid it this make immigration officer to reject my case.

I will establish another company and will run that with staff and everything needed for extension.
I can't comment on what the immigration offices may or may not do. All I can say is that there is nothing in the immigration rules which would make liquidation a ground for refusal.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entrepy
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by entrepy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

It is much appreciated.

I will update.

Kind Regards