ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office call to employee

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Home Office call to employee

Post by babaty2k02 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi guys.

(asking for a friend)

"One of my employee informed me today that he got a call from the Home Office as well as The Council. Requesting for details of employment and payslips to be sent."

Anyone here with same experience please.

Thank you

Casa

Re: Home Office call to employee

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:23 pm

babaty2k02 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi guys.

(asking for a friend)

"One of my employee informed me today that he got a call from the Home Office as well as The Council. Requesting for details of employment and payslips to be sent."

Anyone here with same experience please.

Thank you
You will need to provide more information on your employee's immigration history and current status if you want members to respond.

However, why would the Council ask for details of his employment and payslips :?: :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

babaty2k02
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by babaty2k02 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 am

Thanks Casa

The Employee is an ILR holder. She'd been employed since June 2016.

I am confused too on the letter from Council.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 am

The council has nothing to do with HO and the council likely wanting proof of employees earnings if the are claiming benefits and not told them a material fact.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Remember that the burden of proof of your employees legal status is on you and you should also find out if they are taking any benefits etc. If your employee breaks any law, you might need to lay him or her off immediately. It is against the law to employ illegal people
Bizman