ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS confusion for dependent visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

IHS confusion for dependent visa

Post by bajibasheera » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:19 pm

I am applying for Tier 1 Entrepreneur partner dependent visa (my husband is British now). I am short of just 8 months in completing my 5 years for ILR. I have read on this forum that i can get only get extension for 3 years (though just 1 year extension would be sufficient for me to complete 5 years). My questions are

1) Do I need to pay immigration health surcharges for 3 years as well ?

2) Is there anyway to get just 1 year extension (it will save us money)

Any responses would be much appreciated. TIA. :? :) :? :idea:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS confusion for dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:19 am

1. Yes.

2. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

Post by bajibasheera » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 am

Thank you for your reply. When I’m choosing the relevant options, it calculates my IHS as just £312. Should I try to choose other options and pay for exact 3 years.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:18 am

bajibasheera wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 am
Thank you for your reply. When I’m choosing the relevant options, it calculates my IHS as just £312. Should I try to choose other options and pay for exact 3 years.
If you have correctly chosen the options and that is the amount it comes with, then I can't see any reason why you shouldn't just pay that.

What is likely to happen though is that they will contact you to pay the remaining amount. So that would delay the processing of the visa.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

Post by bajibasheera » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:23 am

Thank you so much for your reply but I am not sure if i am choosing the correct options while trying to pay for IHS. The options (most relevant to my case) are

1) Dependent
2) Discretionary Leave
3) Further Leave to Remain Human Rights and other claims
4) Further Leave to Remain Immigration Rules FLR (R)
5) Further Leave to Remain Other- FLR(O)
6) Global Talent
7) Graduate
8) Graduate Dependent
9) PBS Dependent (Global Talent)
10) PBS Dependent (Tiers 1,2 and 5)

I choose number 10 PBS (Tiers 1, 2 and 5)

Did i choose the correct option ? TIA for your time and expertise. It will definitely save me time and money.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:52 am

bajibasheera wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:23 am
Thank you so much for your reply but I am not sure if i am choosing the correct options while trying to pay for IHS. The options (most relevant to my case) are

1) Dependent
2) Discretionary Leave
3) Further Leave to Remain Human Rights and other claims
4) Further Leave to Remain Immigration Rules FLR (R)
5) Further Leave to Remain Other- FLR(O)
6) Global Talent
7) Graduate
8) Graduate Dependent
9) PBS Dependent (Global Talent)
10) PBS Dependent (Tiers 1,2 and 5)

I choose number 10 PBS (Tiers 1, 2 and 5)

Did i choose the correct option ? TIA for your time and expertise. It will definitely save me time and money.
Yes, that is the correct selection.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

Post by bajibasheera » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:53 am

Great. Thank you so much.

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

Post by bajibasheera » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:12 pm

I applied for extension and paid only £312 IHS. Today, I got an e mail from home office to pay the outstanding £1560. Please make I know how to pay. Any link ?

TIA

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:49 pm

bajibasheera wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:12 pm
I applied for extension and paid only £312 IHS. Today, I got an e mail from home office to pay the outstanding £1560. Please make I know how to pay. Any link ?

TIA
I am not sure but I think this link should still work - https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... ment/start. Select some dates so you get the right amount.

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

Post by bajibasheera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:09 pm

That the exact wording of the e mail sent to me.

“ Although you have made a payment of £312.00 to cover the Immigration Health Surcharge, it is not the correct amount. You must now pay the balance of £1560.00. Please log on to the email account you have registered on the Immigration Health Surcharge service and open the email we have sent on it. Click on the Top up link included in the email and make a payment. You do not need to send anything to us to show you have paid.”

But I have not received any link in the email. How can I pay. Please help. TIA

VWS

Post by VWS » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:37 pm

They are not saying it would be in your inbox...

The email address you used to register yourself on IHS website... go on the iHS website and login there to see if there is any link in there somewhere...

I remember when you go on the website it says register or login so login there and then see if there is something in it...

All the best.

Also please if you can advise that did you uploaded the whole passport scans and if bills were they online bills or you ordered paper copies and then scanned them.

Many thanks

bajibasheera
Newly Registered

Post by bajibasheera » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:22 am

Thank you for your reply.

I didn’t scan the whole passport and bills were a combination of online and received by post.

But my problem is still not solved.

I do not remember making any account for IHS pay. I made an account now with the same e mail but I cannot see any link there.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun May 01, 2022 4:15 pm

bajibasheera wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:22 am
Thank you for your reply.

I didn’t scan the whole passport and bills were a combination of online and received by post.

But my problem is still not solved.

I do not remember making any account for IHS pay. I made an account now with the same e mail but I cannot see any link there.
How did you pay the initial IHS without an account? Maybe you used a different email. Did you get an email receipt for your initial payment?