ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income from abroad

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alyo
Zambia

Income from abroad

Post by alyo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:34 pm

Dear guys

I have not been paying myself salary. I have been a director for my companies and made big losses.

I received a letter from hmrc about income from abroad. I contacted them and told that i was going by visa rules and did know that i had to declare personal tax.

I am fixing this with my accountant.

I have 4 years of undeclared tax because i thought only uk and eu citizens are required to do so.

I was going by tier 1 visa rules.

Is this going to effect my ILR in 6 months time?

Really worried.

Aleko

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Income from abroad

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Yes, tax issues are common ground for refusal. The Home Office doesn't care if they are fraud or genuine mistakes. As long as you tax affairs are not sorted, I would be very slow to advise you to go and apply for ILR.

Fix these taxes maters and when all is clear with HMRC, you can apply. But never apply if you have outstanding issues with HRMC.

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:58 am

Hi

Thank you very much for your reply. At the moment my accountant is working with HMRC and they required documents that we are preparing for them. There may be penalties which im prepared to pay.

My question is if i get a penalty and pay it and bring my tax to date. Will i be okay at that point?

Could home office use it to refuse me despite the issue being solved?

Im worried that they may use bad character because i didnt declare income from abroad.

Thanks again
Aleko

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:39 am

simba? any thoughts?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:44 pm

alyo wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:39 am
simba? any thoughts?
You should be fine Mufasa :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:08 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Now i get it ....lol

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 pm

We have contacted HMRC about my undeclared interest income from my country of origin for years 2015/16/17.

We have ammended my tax for those years and applied . If i get a penalty and pay it.

What document should i ask HMRC to provide me with so that i attach to my application and to explain my mistake. Or shall i just apply for ILR?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:36 pm

alyo wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:19 pm
We have contacted HMRC about my undeclared interest income from my country of origin for years 2015/16/17.

We have ammended my tax for those years and applied . If i get a penalty and pay it.

What document should i ask HMRC to provide me with so that i attach to my application and to explain my mistake. Or shall i just apply for ILR?
Tax issues are civil issues and have no effect on your ILR. Tax issues do not lead to visa refusal unless you use your tax/income evidence to deceptively secure a visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

alyo
Zambia

Post by alyo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi Zimba

you wrote this . Does my case differ from the following?

Zimba wrote: ↑Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:08 pm
The tax amendment issues were discussed here at length when the Tier 1 General ILR were being refused. Data shows that many of the people involved had huge tax discrepancies. Accountant error as an explanation was also largely dismissed when these cases went to the tribunal. The success rate seems to be around 50%. If the errors were genuine and discrepancies were marginal, you have a case otherwise you will face difficulty.
More: weblink removed by moderaror
Tax issues could affect ILR under all the route

thanks
alfie

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:33 am

Tax issues affected only Tier 1 General applicants. The Tier 1 General was an old route which is now fully closed. Irrelevant to Tier 1 Entrepreneur route