ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Initial Application Query

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssafridiuk
inactive
Pakistan

Initial Application Query

Post by ssafridiuk » Tue May 15, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello All,

I am preparing to apply for initial application. My question is once I apply, can I move the funds to my investment portfolios which are in my own name or shall I keep the funds always in cash form in some bank till application is approved or till ILR (if the application was approved).

Regards,

zimba
Mood:

Re: Initial Application Query

Post by zimba » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 am

The investment money must remain always available to you at all times unless invested or spent in the business
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ssafridiuk
inactive
Pakistan

Post by ssafridiuk » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:26 pm

Dear Zimba,
Thank you very much for your reply.

I am planning to apply soon. My proposed business plan is for "Accounting & Bookkeeping" Firm. Is that OK? Is there any help available in this forum to prepare business plan. Help with respect to Market Research will be highly appreciated form any member.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 am

Is there any help available in this forum to prepare business plan.

No, not really. It is specific to what you plan on doing and you need to take the responsibility for it.
Help with respect to Market Research will be highly appreciated form any member.
You need to do this yourself. There are 100's if not 1000's of such businesses (large and small) in the UK so you would need to do your own research based on where you plan to set up etc. You would also need to FULLY understand the business and legal requirements for such a business.

It is unreasonable to expect volunteers on an internet forum to do the work for you, you have to put in the miles yourself, at least to start with.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssafridiuk
inactive
Pakistan

Post by ssafridiuk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks Dear.
I have few more questions.

1. Is it beneficial to apply with priority service (extra fee). Does it really reduce the time. Anyone experienced?

2. Barclays says they can send the bank statement via PDF which will save time. Will that work or original is required by post. Note that the office here don’t keep originals. They scan all docs and give everything back to the applicants.

3. Why they keep the passports if the BRP has to be received within one month in UK. Do they put any stamp on passport as well? A bit confusing.

Thanks in advance.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:24 am

ssafridiuk wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:57 am

1. Is it beneficial to apply with priority service (extra fee). Does it really reduce the time. Anyone experienced?
I would assume it is but I don't have any evidence or rationale to back that up.
ssafridiuk wrote:

2. Barclays says they can send the bank statement via PDF which will save time. Will that work or original is required by post. Note that the office here don’t keep originals. They scan all docs and give everything back to the applicants.
I would go for the original as that is what the guidance says. It does explicitly state that printed statements need to be signed/stamped by the bank.
ssafridiuk wrote:

3. Why they keep the passports if the BRP has to be received within one month in UK. Do they put any stamp on passport as well? A bit confusing.

That is UK policy - no other reasonable explanation.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ssafridiuk
inactive
Pakistan

Post by ssafridiuk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:57 am

Thanks Dear.

ssafridiuk
inactive
Pakistan

Re: Initial Application Query - Criminal Certificate

Post by ssafridiuk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Dear All,
I am facing difficulty in getting criminal certificate and it is wasting a lot of time for me. My question is "If I attach an explanation letter and provide the difficulties I am facing, will they allow me to provide them a certificate later, if they are not happy with the letter OR they can refuse the visa based on this missing document without giving me a chance to work more on the certificate even though an explanation letter is provided".

The guidance book says;
"If you are unable to obtain a certificate, for example, because the country does not produce such
documents or because of any other reasons, you must provide a letter which details your attempts
to obtain a certificate and confirm why this has not been possible. You should submit this letter with
your other supporting documents when you apply. UKVI will consider your explanation against the
situation in those countries and decide whether to waive the requirement. If UKVI concludes that it is
possible for you to obtain a certificate but you have failed to do so, you will be asked again to
provide a certificate"

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:04 pm

ssafridiuk wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:17 pm
Dear All,
I am facing difficulty in getting criminal certificate and it is wasting a lot of time for me. My question is "If I attach an explanation letter and provide the difficulties I am facing, will they allow me to provide them a certificate later, if they are not happy with the letter OR they can refuse the visa based on this missing document without giving me a chance to work more on the certificate even though an explanation letter is provided".

The guidance book says;
"If you are unable to obtain a certificate, for example, because the country does not produce such
documents or because of any other reasons, you must provide a letter which details your attempts
to obtain a certificate and confirm why this has not been possible. You should submit this letter with
your other supporting documents when you apply. UKVI will consider your explanation against the
situation in those countries and decide whether to waive the requirement. If UKVI concludes that it is
possible for you to obtain a certificate but you have failed to do so, you will be asked again to
provide a certificate"
The guidance is quite clear that you can do that. But up to UKVI to waive the requirement or still ask you to provide it. Unlikely they will just refuse the visa without asking you to try again, but you can never be sure.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

piercebody

Post by piercebody » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:05 am

ssafridiuk wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:17 pm
Dear All,

The guidance book says;
provide a certificate"
Dont expect any mercy from HO as I hope each rejection leads a double profit for them as you surely come back with the required details. Even they request you the details also again it will take longer time and spoil all your travel plans. I have witnessed this in my last application ( they lost my business plan and I sent it again) and they took almost 2 months to get back with the result. So try your best to submit all at your best and don't give them a chance to delay or refuse your application.

Administrative Review under the Points Based System (PBS)
I am writing further to my letter dated 28/12/2017 with regard to your request for an Administrative Review of the decision to refuse your application for a visa. I am sorry that the decision making centre has not retained copies of all the documents you submitted with your application.