ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investment in convertible debt securities - eligibility Tier 1 Entrepreneur VISA

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

explorer23
Newly Registered
India

Investment in convertible debt securities - eligibility Tier 1 Entrepreneur VISA

Post by explorer23 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:36 am

Hello, I am a equity holder in an offshore SPV which invested into UK operating business as a convertible debt. My share is more than stipulated GBP200K.

The investment was made more than 12 months ago, but conversion option has still not been exercised.

I would like to check

1) Am I eligible to apply for Tier 1 entrepreneurship visa

2) Does it matter if the investment is in the form of debt or equity

3) When does the 12 month period start: a) date of debt investment or b) date on which conversion takes place (debt conversion to equity)

marcnath

Re: Investment in convertible debt securities - eligibility Tier 1 Entrepreneur VISA

Post by marcnath » Sat May 19, 2018 11:13 am

The investment has to be in your name, so the share of ownership in the SPV that has invested will not likely count.
And, of course, you need to be a Director.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Investment in convertible debt securities - eligibility Tier 1 Entrepreneur VISA

Post by zimba » Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 pm

The money used will only qualify for the award of points if it will be new investment in the United Kingdom. A new investment is one made within the 12 calendar months before the date of application. Value of equity sold must have been 200K to begin with. Also you must be a director of such company or else the investment will not count
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice