ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is taking a loan of £200000 as funds allowed?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ska2014
Newly Registered

Is taking a loan of £200000 as funds allowed?

Post by ska2014 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Hi,

Is it allowed that a spouse of Tier 1 Entrepreneur application takes a loan of £2,00,000 and keep it in the applicant's bank account until spent, acceptable as funds for the visa application? Applying from outside country.

Thank you.

marcnath

Re: Is taking a loan of £200000 as funds allowed?

Post by marcnath » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:21 pm

ska2014 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:43 pm
Hi,

Is it allowed that a spouse of Tier 1 Entrepreneur application takes a loan of £2,00,000 and keep it in the applicant's bank account until spent, acceptable as funds for the visa application? Applying from outside country.

Thank you.
There are no restrictions on where and how you source the funds. It just needs to be cash in your bank account for 90 days, at a minimum
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ska2014
Newly Registered

Post by ska2014 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Thank you!

VBK
Newly Registered
India

Post by VBK » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm

It is not mentioned anywhere that you need to keep it for 90 days or three months in ukba official website.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 pm

VBK wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm
It is not mentioned anywhere that you need to keep it for 90 days or three months in ukba official website.
There is no UKBA anymore, so I appreciate that it will not be found on an non-existent website.

But you will find it in the Tier 1 Entrepreneur guidance documents.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ska2014
Newly Registered

Post by ska2014 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:05 am

Hi, Just a follow up about 90 days requirement, please. If I make the applicants (entrepreneur husband and wife team based in India) as directors to my UK registered company and they send the money to my UK business bank account, does the 90 days rule still apply to either party? I read about money invested in the last 12 months but not sure if this applies to extension applications only. Or does it apply to initial applications too?

And also it is not technically invested and just that they will be joining the business and was wondering if it helps that they have already transferred the funds into an existing business in the UK. Does it give strength to an application if the money is already in a UK business account and they are both directors? Any watchpoints you could please share?

We were thinking for them to make an exploratory trip. Can a Family visit visa be okay or do they need a business visa?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 am

ska2014 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:05 am
Hi, Just a follow up about 90 days requirement, please. If I make the applicants (entrepreneur husband and wife team based in India) as directors to my UK registered company and they send the money to my UK business bank account, does the 90 days rule still apply to either party? I read about money invested in the last 12 months but not sure if this applies to extension applications only. Or does it apply to initial applications too?
Money already invested applies to new applications also
ska2014 wrote:
And also it is not technically invested and just that they will be joining the business and was wondering if it helps that they have already transferred the funds into an existing business in the UK. Does it give strength to an application if the money is already in a UK business account and they are both directors? Any watchpoints you could please share?
What do you mean by not technically invested ? How will you account for the money in the business bank account ?
ska2014 wrote:
We were thinking for them to make an exploratory trip. Can a Family visit visa be okay or do they need a business visa?
There are no family visas or business visas - there is just one visit visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:29 am

marcnath wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 am
There are no family visas or business visas - there is just one visit visa
Users posts form 2016 asking similar questions might be relevant, as suspect this topic is a continuation of getting elderly parents here.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/entreprene ... l#p1402804
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.