ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
entrepreneurman1925
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Nepal

Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by entrepreneurman1925 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 pm

Hello everyone,

I am applying for my extension and am combining 4 part-time jobs of 15 hours per week with each job lasting more than 12 months.

I have 52 weekly payslips of 15 hours for each job but want to double check to see if the dates would be okay for 12 months of job existence:

JOB A
Employee 1A: 02/01/2019- 30/01/2019
Employee 2A: 19-02-2019 - 17-04/2019
Employee 3A: 14-05-2019 - 20-05-2019
Employee 4A: 30-05-2019 - 01-03/2020


JOB B
Employee 1B: 04-02-2019 - 13-02-2020


JOB C
Employee 1C: 17-01-2019 - 10-06-2019
Employee 2C: 17-06-2019 - 25-09-2019
Employee 3C: 26-09-2019 - 27-01-2020


JOB D
Employee 1D: 17-01-2019 - 03-02-3019
Employee 2D: 28-02-2019 - 30-08-2019
Employee 3D: 04-09-2019 - 03-11-2019
Employee 4D: 11-11-2019 - 28-02-2020


As you see there are periods of gaps between employees of each job. But am I okay to combine any 2 since all jobs were 15 hours per week for 52 weeks on their own. They did not all exists concurrently for 52 weeks so Im confused and worried that CW will hate me for the all paperwork that he/she has to check :D

Thanks for your help.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5847
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by marcnath » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:57 am

entrepreneurman1925 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:02 pm
Hello everyone,

I am applying for my extension and am combining 4 part-time jobs of 15 hours per week with each job lasting more than 12 months.

I have 52 weekly payslips of 15 hours for each job but want to double check to see if the dates would be okay for 12 months of job existence:

JOB A
Employee 1A: 02/01/2019- 30/01/2019
Employee 2A: 19-02-2019 - 17-04/2019
Employee 3A: 14-05-2019 - 20-05-2019
Employee 4A: 30-05-2019 - 01-03/2020


JOB B
Employee 1B: 04-02-2019 - 13-02-2020


JOB C
Employee 1C: 17-01-2019 - 10-06-2019
Employee 2C: 17-06-2019 - 25-09-2019
Employee 3C: 26-09-2019 - 27-01-2020


JOB D
Employee 1D: 17-01-2019 - 03-02-3019
Employee 2D: 28-02-2019 - 30-08-2019
Employee 3D: 04-09-2019 - 03-11-2019
Employee 4D: 11-11-2019 - 28-02-2020


As you see there are periods of gaps between employees of each job. But am I okay to combine any 2 since all jobs were 15 hours per week for 52 weeks on their own. They did not all exists concurrently for 52 weeks so Im confused and worried that CW will hate me for the all paperwork that he/she has to check :D

Thanks for your help.
You are right - it is confusing but does not seem too complex. But no, the CW is not going to "hate" you.

So, are these 12 different employees over this period ? Which jobs are you combining to make 1 full time equivalent each ? What is the nature of these jobs ? Gaps are ok - they are short and seem reasonable when changing staff. You have reasonable overlap over the jobs to justify that they are not all the same job.

I haven't and am not going to go through each of the dates and check for you, but just looking at it broadly you seem to have enough.

The question I would have is why you seem to have created the jobs only in the last year of your initial period. What were you doing for the 1st two years of your visa period ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entrepreneurman1925
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Nepal

Re: Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by entrepreneurman1925 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Thank you.

Yes they are all different employees.

In terms of combination, any can be combined with each other as they are all 15 hours/52 weeks. I was worried that they have to be consecutive, in terms of being the equivalent of a full-time job (i.e. 2 part-time jobs must be carried out in the same week for 30 hours).
I have noticed mixed statements about this and some people have been refused but overturned in AR with the above issue as there is no such requirement and all they state is the hours and that they should last for 12 months.

I didn't start them because I was diagnosed with a chronic illness in the 2nd year and that set back the plans (wondering if it's better to explain this in cover letter or not about the jobs being created in the last year). I have also taken part in an accelerator program that is on the Innovator list of sponsors recently so hopefully that'll help with the genuineness.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5847
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by marcnath » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:32 am

entrepreneurman1925 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:28 pm
Thank you.

Yes they are all different employees.

In terms of combination, any can be combined with each other as they are all 15 hours/52 weeks. I was worried that they have to be consecutive, in terms of being the equivalent of a full-time job (i.e. 2 part-time jobs must be carried out in the same week for 30 hours).
I have noticed mixed statements about this and some people have been refused but overturned in AR with the above issue as there is no such requirement and all they state is the hours and that they should last for 12 months.

I didn't start them because I was diagnosed with a chronic illness in the 2nd year and that set back the plans (wondering if it's better to explain this in cover letter or not about the jobs being created in the last year). I have also taken part in an accelerator program that is on the Innovator list of sponsors recently so hopefully that'll help with the genuineness.
You should be ok.
The immigration rules do not specify that they should be the same week for combining two PT jobs. That would be the case only if you trying to make up one FT job with two or more workers - in which case those workers would have to been working at the same time.
Yes - you do have a leg up on genuineness. Add that to your cover letter with a letter from the accelerator if you can get one.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entrepreneurman1925
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Nepal

Re: Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by entrepreneurman1925 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:07 pm

I will get on that asap. Hopefully it will all be clear from here on, I'll share updates for others to be aware as well.

You're all doing a wonderful job as volunteers here with the forum, it's very informative; thank you.

entrepreneurman1925
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Nepal

Company Registration for Corporation Tax

Post by entrepreneurman1925 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:41 am

Hi everyone,

I am currently worried about the requirement for "evidence from HMRC showing the company is registered for Corporation Tax".

I have lost the welcome/registration letter from HMRC which was a few years ago when the company was incorporated.

Instead, I am providing the Corporation Tax Returns prepared by my accountant for the past 2 years. Will this be okay?

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5847
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Company Registration for Corporation Tax

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:51 pm

entrepreneurman1925 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:41 am
Hi everyone,

I am currently worried about the requirement for "evidence from HMRC showing the company is registered for Corporation Tax".

I have lost the welcome/registration letter from HMRC which was a few years ago when the company was incorporated.

Instead, I am providing the Corporation Tax Returns prepared by my accountant for the past 2 years. Will this be okay?
Yes
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entrepreneurman1925
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Nepal

Re: Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by entrepreneurman1925 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Thanks @marcnath

I have another issue now:

Due to my lovely accountant always making a mistake, the FPS sheets have this problem, I hope you might be able to guide me.

On the bottom of the FPS sheet, which has small writing in this format : { Company Name } RTI Full Payment Submission { Date it was printed }

The text part of my FPS sheets is all mixed up together, you can see the company name but the date and the last part isnt clear. The link below shows what I mean (no personal details in image):




Can you let me know if this is okay ? The main data on top opf the page, date paid, employee details, pay, deductions, employee start/end dares are all fine; payslips are okay too. it's just the bottom part that's bothering me. (It's not like that with all of them but with most of them)

Would greatly appreciate the help.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5847
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Job Creation and Part-time Combination - Extension

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:23 pm

entrepreneurman1925 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:15 pm
Thanks @marcnath

I have another issue now:

Due to my lovely accountant always making a mistake, the FPS sheets have this problem, I hope you might be able to guide me.

On the bottom of the FPS sheet, which has small writing in this format : { Company Name } RTI Full Payment Submission { Date it was printed }

The text part of my FPS sheets is all mixed up together, you can see the company name but the date and the last part isnt clear. The link below shows what I mean (no personal details in image):




Can you let me know if this is okay ? The main data on top opf the page, date paid, employee details, pay, deductions, employee start/end dares are all fine; payslips are okay too. it's just the bottom part that's bothering me. (It's not like that with all of them but with most of them)

Would greatly appreciate the help.
I don't think it is a problem.

Can't your accountant reprint them ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

entrepreneurman1925
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Nepal

UKVCAS Appointment Cancellation & Email from HO

Post by entrepreneurman1925 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi marcnath

I have finally applied in March 2020 with UKVCAS appointment scheduled in mid April which has now been cancelled.

I noticed a sticky topic under ILR forum about the impact of UKVCAS Closure due to COVID-19 and people's experience. I also received the email that some people in the ILR forums received but obviously asking for different documents

Is it possible if we can have a forum about UKVCAS Cancellations here too since I have seen no posts ? I wanted to ask here first and not start a topic in case its against forum rules

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 12372
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: UKVCAS Appointment Cancellation & Email from HO

Post by Zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 1:31 pm

entrepreneurman1925 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:03 pm
Hi marcnath

I have finally applied in March 2020 with UKVCAS appointment scheduled in mid April which has now been cancelled.

I noticed a sticky topic under ILR forum about the impact of UKVCAS Closure due to COVID-19 and people's experience. I also received the email that some people in the ILR forums received but obviously asking for different documents

Is it possible if we can have a forum about UKVCAS Cancellations here too since I have seen no posts ? I wanted to ask here first and not start a topic in case its against forum rules
You will still be asked to attend a biometrics appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice

Post Reply
cron