Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Existence Calculation Confusion

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Iran

Change in Number of Workers in Part-time Job

Post by vdrago2k18 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using 2 employees in 1 part time job.

My case is as below:

4 part-time jobs (each consisting of 15 hours work per week).

Each job is usually filled by 1 employee.

However, we have recently appointed 2 employees (each working for 7.5-8 hours per week) to do 1 of the jobs. The job title/description is the same for both. The only change has been that the 15 hours is now done by 2 employees instead of 1.

Will this be okay in terms of showing that this part-time job existed for 12 months ?

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5376
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Change in Number of Workers in Part-time Job

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:59 pm

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi everyone,

I have a question about using 2 employees in 1 part time job.

My case is as below:

4 part-time jobs (each consisting of 15 hours work per week).

Each job is usually filled by 1 employee.

However, we have recently appointed 2 employees (each working for 7.5-8 hours per week) to do 1 of the jobs. The job title/description is the same for both. The only change has been that the 15 hours is now done by 2 employees instead of 1.

Will this be okay in terms of showing that this part-time job existed for 12 months ?
Yes, that should not be an issue.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Iran

Re: Change in Number of Workers in Part-time Job

Post by vdrago2k18 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Thanks a lot :)

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Iran

Job Existence Calculation Confusion

Post by vdrago2k18 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm so confused about calculating the period in which a job have existed. I tired reading other discussions here but I'm still very confused.

I will try to use the example of the month January in the case of 1 part-time job to illustrate my question/confusion:

If an employee (part-time) was hired from 2nd January until 30th January and was paid for 5 weeks (15 hours per week) as they worked worth 5 weeks (15 hours weekly x 5 weeks= 75 hours) , would this count as 4 weeks that the job existed or 5 weeks ?

Because when I use date calculation 2nd January-30th January is 4 weeks, but the employee has worked worth 5 weeks, hence the confusion.

Grateful for any help/opinions.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5376
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Job Existence Calculation Confusion

Post by marcnath » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:45 pm

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:48 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm so confused about calculating the period in which a job have existed. I tired reading other discussions here but I'm still very confused.

I will try to use the example of the month January in the case of 1 part-time job to illustrate my question/confusion:

If an employee (part-time) was hired from 2nd January until 30th January and was paid for 5 weeks (15 hours per week) as they worked worth 5 weeks (15 hours weekly x 5 weeks= 75 hours) , would this count as 4 weeks that the job existed or 5 weeks ?

Because when I use date calculation 2nd January-30th January is 4 weeks, but the employee has worked worth 5 weeks, hence the confusion.

Grateful for any help/opinions.
2nd Jan to 30 jan is 29 days = 4 weeks and 1 day. How do you get that as 5 weeks ? If you paid weekly and had 5 payslips, then that is fine. It just means you would have had one less week anyway in Dec or Feb (depending on your pay date)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 pm
Iran

Re: Job Existence Calculation Confusion

Post by vdrago2k18 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 am

Thanks for the input @marcnath.

Yes I paid weekly and had 5 payslips. The breakdown of the weeks/hours for payslips is as below:

Week 1: 2nd January-4th January (15 hours)

Week 2: 7th January-11th January (15 hours)

Week 3: 14th January-18th January (15 hours)

Week 4: 21st January-25th January (15 hours)

Week 5: 28th January-30th January (15 hours)

In this sense the employee has worked 15 hours per week in 5 weeks.

However, since the home office asks for start/end dates, they are 2nd January-30th January. This is where I am unsure whether the job has existed for 4 weeks or 5 weeks as 5 weekly payslips has been paid and hours were taken during 5 different weeks.

So in this sense has the job existed for 4 weeks or 5 weeks ?

(Sorry I am super slow at understanding this)

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5376
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Job Existence Calculation Confusion

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:48 pm

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 am
Thanks for the input @marcnath.

Yes I paid weekly and had 5 payslips. The breakdown of the weeks/hours for payslips is as below:

Week 1: 2nd January-4th January (15 hours)

Week 2: 7th January-11th January (15 hours)

Week 3: 14th January-18th January (15 hours)

Week 4: 21st January-25th January (15 hours)

Week 5: 28th January-30th January (15 hours)

In this sense the employee has worked 15 hours per week in 5 weeks.

However, since the home office asks for start/end dates, they are 2nd January-30th January. This is where I am unsure whether the job has existed for 4 weeks or 5 weeks as 5 weekly payslips has been paid and hours were taken during 5 different weeks.

So in this sense has the job existed for 4 weeks or 5 weeks ?

(Sorry I am super slow at understanding this)
I doubt that you can arbitrarily change the definition of a week as per your convenience. A week is 7 days (or 5 working days + 2 weekend days).

Remember that the definition is for jobs, not employees.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Post Reply