ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Support Scheme

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Job Support Scheme

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello, does anyone here know how Tier 1 holders are affected by the post-furlough Job Support Scheme beginning in November? It seems to involve partially subsidised part time work for our employees - but can we participate? And if so, is it the same as with furlough where this will not count against our 1 year employment requirement?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Job Support Scheme

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:06 pm

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:43 pm
Hello, does anyone here know how Tier 1 holders are affected by the post-furlough Job Support Scheme beginning in November? It seems to involve partially subsidised part time work for our employees - but can we participate? And if so, is it the same as with furlough where this will not count against our 1 year employment requirement?

Thanks
Probably will be the same as the furlough scheme. Time spent under this scheme will not count for the award of points
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanks Zimba, is there any way to find out that you know of? Surely this issue will affect the majority of Tier 1 holders

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:08 pm

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 pm
Thanks Zimba, is there any way to find out that you know of? Surely this issue will affect the majority of Tier 1 holders
Just watch out for new notices. Home office should be issuing updates. Anyway, it is possibly not relevant for another month now.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:37 pm

It is quite commonsensical. You should not expect the UK government to subsidise employment you need to create as per your visa requirement. That will defeat the purpose of the Tier 1E visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Zimba, that has nothing to do with it, I am not expecting anything. I need to understand how many months my visa is going to be extended sdue to furlough and potentially any subequent schemes - so that i can meet the 1 year employment requirements.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 am

wanttostayintheuk wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:54 pm
Zimba, that has nothing to do with it, I am not expecting anything. I need to understand how many months my visa is going to be extended sdue to furlough and potentially any subequent schemes - so that i can meet the 1 year employment requirements.
Now you changed your query. The visa rules do NOT prevent you to participate in any scheme. In general, the Tier 1E rules do NOT prevent you from doing anything in a business context and you are free to do as you wish. Your business like any other UK business is eligible to participate. Satisfying the visa requirements is a separate issue as you are expected to have done specific things in order to get a visa.

UKVI has already published the concessions for Tier 1E visa holders:
If you’re on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and your business has been disrupted
You no longer need to employ at least 2 people for 12 consecutive months. The 12 month period you’re required to employ someone for can be made up of multiple jobs across different months.

Time when your employees were furloughed will not count towards the 12 month period.

If you’ve not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time your visa expires, you’ll be allowed to temporarily extend your stay to give you time to meet the requirement.

These arrangements will continue for applications made after 31 May 2020, where the jobs you’re relying on were disrupted due to coronavirus.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Anontier25
Algeria

Post by Anontier25 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:06 pm

And what about the information updated on 5th Nov 2020:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf pg 91- what exactly does this then mean

As posted by your colleague Culinan and then I too had posted about this as I had missed his post, is repeating, so please don't tell me off- I also mention it on his post:

Job Creation: If the applicant holds leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and their business has been impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
If an applicant holds leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and their business has been disrupted as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, they do not need to employ at least 2 people for 12 consecutive months.
The 12 month period they are required to employ someone for can be made up of multiple jobs across different months, providing when combined this is equivalent to 2 full time jobs.
Time when their employees were furloughed under the UK Government scheme will count towards the 12 month period if they have been paid at least 80% of their normal salary.
If an applicant has not been able to employ staff for 12 months by the time their visa expires, you must be satisfied that:
• they have created at least 2 jobs for settled workers at the point they make the application
• that they have been unable to meet the normal requirement due to the impact of the pandemic
Where you are satisfied that they meet these and the other requirements for the route you must grant leave for a period of 2 years.

I also think from my interpretation in your first response to OP's question is a bit harsh for you to say we are expecting the government to pick up the tab, for our employees when they keep sending us back into lockdowns, not allowing many businesses to be able to work to their full capacity. It also implies that we are to keep paying the salaries ( if we don't want to extend under the coronavirus scheme extension) just because we have no other choice which if I remember from a few years ago one of your colleagues said that too was not recommended as it just looks like we are paying to be here. Perhaps I've misunderstood your tone, but when you say "You should not expect the UK government to subsidise employment you need to create as per your visa requirement. That will defeat the purpose of the Tier 1E visa" and then saying "The visa rules do NOT prevent you to participate in any scheme. In general, the Tier 1E rules do NOT prevent you from doing anything in a business context and you are free to do as you wish. Your business like any other UK business is eligible to participate"

Seems a bit confusing! This isn't an attack so please don't make it out to be so, it's all just very confusing and emotions and patience across the country is fruaght.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:41 pm

What about it ?? All the advice given above predates 5th November changes by UKVI. Can't you see that ??! Why are you bumping this post ??! I do not have a magic ball that tells me what the UKVI will do in the future. The advice given here is ONLY based on the rules as they stand when the advice was given.