ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"NEW" TIER 1 UK entrepreneur £50000 GBP

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

argnihd13
India

"NEW" TIER 1 UK entrepreneur £50000 GBP

Post by argnihd13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:39 pm

Hello everyone,

28 March 2019: Applied for Tier-1 Entrepreneur visa at VFS DELHI

08 April 2019: Email : Your online application has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer....

15 April 2019 : Email : Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible....

NO RESPONSE AFTER THAT
I'M WORRIED WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WHEN AM I GOING TO GET A DECISION!

PLEASE HELP!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "NEW" TIER 1 UK entrepreneur £50000 GBP

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Please do not start a topic with a subject heading as a TIMELINE or Processing Time thread, we have one for timelines only already and do not need another.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... -2000.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Thanks for your reply!

The link you provided directs to a post that is about 2 years old. I applied in one of the last days when the visa was still open and could be applied. I'm mainly targeting people who applied visa just before it was about to close.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:00 pm

The link you provided directs to a post that is about 2 years old.
The most recent pages of the topic, page 100 onwards, are applications from this year!!
I applied in one of the last days when the visa was still open and could be applied. I'm mainly targeting people who applied visa just before it was about to close.
We do not need yet another 'all who applied....timeline' topic please.

You need to wait to hear back from UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

argnihd13
India

STRANGE: Passport Request before AR Decision email Tier 1 50k Initial

Post by argnihd13 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Hello everyone,

---- Tier 1 Entrepreneur -----
---- Initial Application 50k ---
---- Normal, Outside UK ------

So here's my Tier 1 Entrepreneur timeline

Submitted: 27/03/2019
Received at Sheffied: 05/04/2019
Complex letter: 18/04/2019
(1st) First Interview: 07/07/2019
(2nd) Second Interview: 20/07/2019
(3rd) Third Interview: 16/09/2019

Application Refused: 04/11/2019

First AR 1 Filed: 25/11/2019
First AR 1 Successful Email - Sent for Reassessment: 18/12/2019
Application Refused Again: 21/12/2019

Second AR 2 Filed: 16/01/2020

Passport Request via VFS Phone Call

So Neither me nor my Solicitor got an email for successful Second AR but suddenly i got a call from VFS saying the British High Commission has asked me to re submit my passport.

I'm confused since they send an email for AR decision before they request the passport?
What does this mean? Is the application approved and they want to stamp the visa or why do they even need my passport for?

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks

argnihd13
India

Re: STRANGE: Passport Request before AR Decision email Tier 1 50k Initial

Post by argnihd13 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Any moderator .. please reply.. I’m confused

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 pm

Submit your passport. They very likely decided to grant visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:56 am

Thank you so much Zimba.

I will be depositing my passport today and lets see what happens. I will update on here 😊

argnihd13
India

Passport received Without Visa Stamp Tier 1 50k Initial

Post by argnihd13 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 am

So today the VFS returned my Passport as it is, without any refusal letter, no visa stamp. Quite confused on what was the purpose of asking me to submit my passport at the first place. @zimba Any suggestion would be appreciated..
argnihd13 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm
Hello everyone,

So Neither me nor my Solicitor got an email for successful Second AR but suddenly i got a call from VFS saying the British High Commission has asked me to re submit my passport.

I'm confused since they send an email for AR decision before they request the passport?
What does this mean? Is the application approved and they want to stamp the visa or why do they even need my passport for?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:02 pm

I suggest you wait to hear back from them. :!: I cannot tell you what to expect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 am

It has been over 28 days. I still haven't heard anything from the Home Office regarding my Second AR. They took my passport, sent it back as it is.. quite confused with why the taking long to take a decision when the time they should take is max 28 days! Any suggestion Zimba?
Zimba wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:02 pm
I suggest you wait to hear back from them. :!: I cannot tell you what to expect

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:22 pm

No. The advice remains the same.

argnihd13
India

Re: Passport received Without Visa Stamp Tier 1 50k Initial

Post by argnihd13 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:02 am

20/02/2020 Second AR Refused.
argnihd13 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 am
So today the VFS returned my Passport as it is, without any refusal letter, no visa stamp. Quite confused on what was the purpose of asking me to submit my passport at the first place. @zimba Any suggestion would be appreciated..
argnihd13 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm
Hello everyone,

Thanks

argnihd13
India

Re: Tier 1 Initial Refused, TWO ARs Refused, Advise for PAP - JR?

Post by argnihd13 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:10 am

Hello Moderators and Everyone

The timeline of my application is:

Initial Application Refused: 04/11/2019

First AR Filed: 25/11/2019
First AR Successful Email - Sent for Reassessment: 18/12/2019
First AR Refused: 21/12/2019

Second AR Filed: 16/01/2020
Second AR Refused: 20/02/2020

-----------AFTER 7 MONTHS-----------------
'Initial' application Refusal Reasons:
1) My application got considered under 200k route. Therefore i was awarded 0/75 Zero points
for (i)Access to 50k via VC (ii) FCA (iii) Funds are Disposible but at the end it said "75 points awarded as claimed"
2) Genuine Entrepreneur Test - some invalid reasons.

ECO "For the reason outlined above, I am not satisfied with the genuineness of your application.
Your application is therefore refused under paragraphs 245DB (f) & (j) of the Immigration Rules of the Immigration Rules."

-------------------FIRST ADMIN REVIEW---------------------------
My solicitor filed an AR_1 explaining the errors made by the ECO while assessing my application and if i was given all 75 points, i should be granted the visa.
AR got successful and application was sent to ECO for reconsideration as it was their fault.
First AR was refused with the following reasons:

ECO "For the funds to be available to you, the venture capital firm you are using would need to give you £50,000 to invest in the business on an unconditional basis. You have not been awarded 75 points on the basis of funds available to you or on having already invested funds. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph 245DB (b)."

There were certain conditions and milestones on which the fund could be took from the VC.
After this refusal, i discussed this with the VC and they agreed to take down the draw down conditions and provided a letter to confirm the same.

----------------SECOND ADMIN REVIEW----------------------
My solicitor stated since the route is now closed, asked the ECO to use his discretion and consider this letter. Even the law doesn't anywhere specify that the funds should be 'unconditionally' available. It just says they should be 'available'.

Within this time the HO requested for my passport and returned it back as it is after 3 days. I thought
they were to grant the visa, but seems like they just wanted it for some sort of verification...

ECO Refused again:
"Careful consideration has been given to the points raised above, however, I have upheld the ECO decision to refuse your application. I am unable to consider evidence provided at the administrative review stage that was not available to the ECO when making their decision, unless it meets certain requirements set out at Appendix AR. On review of the document, I am satisfied that it was not available to the ECO and that it does not meet requirements set out in Appendix AR therefore, I have not considered the document as part of my assessment of your application. It is clear from review of the documents available at the time of the decision that the investment funds were available to you only in the circumstances that you and the company had met certain requirements set out by the venture capital firm. You confirmed this to be the case in each of the interviews you attended and therefore, the ECO had no reason to believe anything to the contrary. As the specified document had been provided, and there was no indication that the stipulations set out in the document was different, I am satisfied that the ECO did not err in failing to request this from you again, either discretionally or under the requirements of Paragraph 245AA. Based on the above, I have upheld the ECO decision to refuse your application, in line with Paragraph 245DB(b) and Appendix A."
-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a genuine entrepreneur. I've completed my graduation from the UK. I genuinely want to start and establish my own business within the UK. I'm waiting for this opportunity for last 11 months now. Just very very confused and impatient because of what is happening with my application.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?
Is there a benefit of going for a PAP/JR?
What would you advise?

Thanks

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:36 am

Moderators please advise if there is merit for a Judicial Review
argnihd13 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:10 am

1) My application got considered under 200k route. Therefore i was awarded 0/75 Zero points
for (i)Access to 50k via VC (ii) FCA (iii) Funds are Disposible but at the end it said "75 points awarded as claimed"

ECO "For the reason outlined above, I am not satisfied with the genuineness of your application.
Your application is therefore refused under paragraphs 245DB (f) & (j) of the Immigration Rules of the Immigration Rules."

My solicitor filed an AR_1 explaining the errors made by the ECO while assessing my application and if i was given all 75 points, i should be granted the visa.
AR got successful and application was sent to ECO for reconsideration as it was their fault.

ECO "For the funds to be available to you, the venture capital firm you are using would need to give you £50,000 to invest in the business on an unconditional basis. You have not been awarded 75 points on the basis of funds available to you or on having already invested funds. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph 245DB (b)."

There were certain conditions and milestones on which the fund could be took from the VC.
After this refusal, i discussed this with the VC and they agreed to take down the draw down conditions and provided a letter to confirm the same.

My solicitor stated since the route is now closed, asked the ECO to use his discretion and consider this letter. Even the law doesn't anywhere specify that the funds should be 'unconditionally' available. It just says they should be 'available'.

Within this time the HO requested for my passport and returned it back as it is after 3 days. I thought
they were to grant the visa, but seems like they just wanted it for some sort of verification...

ECO Refused again:
"Careful consideration has been given to the points raised above, however, I have upheld the ECO decision to refuse your application. I am unable to consider evidence provided at the administrative review stage that was not available to the ECO when making their decision, unless it meets certain requirements set out at Appendix AR. On review of the document, I am satisfied that it was not available to the ECO and that it does not meet requirements set out in Appendix AR therefore, I have not considered the document as part of my assessment of your application. It is clear from review of the documents available at the time of the decision that the investment funds were available to you only in the circumstances that you and the company had met certain requirements set out by the venture capital firm. You confirmed this to be the case in each of the interviews you attended and therefore, the ECO had no reason to believe anything to the contrary. As the specified document had been provided, and there was no indication that the stipulations set out in the document was different, I am satisfied that the ECO did not err in failing to request this from you again, either discretionally or under the requirements of Paragraph 245AA. Based on the above, I have upheld the ECO decision to refuse your application, in line with Paragraph 245DB(b) and Appendix A."
I'm a genuine entrepreneur. I've completed my graduation from the UK. I genuinely want to start and establish my own business within the UK. I'm waiting for this opportunity for last 11 months now. Just very very confused and impatient because of what is happening with my application.

What would you advise?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:39 pm

UKVI is correct that you cannot add new evidence during AR however I do not see a requirement under the rules that the VC investment needs to be unconditional. If that is the only reason for refusal, you may be able to argue against it in JR

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:29 am

Thank you for your valuable reply zimba. Exactly what my solicitor suggested that the new evidence could be considered at the JR stage and there is merit in my case.

Along with this ECO mentioned the following in my last Admin review refusal:

“Your application has been refused as the Entry Clearance Officer is not satisfied that, on the balance of probabilities, you are a genuine entrepreneur, in line with Paragraph 245DB(f) and (h) of the Immigration Rules.”

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:12 pm

argnihd13 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:29 am
Thank you for your valuable reply zimba. Exactly what my solicitor suggested that the new evidence could be considered at the JR stage and there is merit in my case.

Along with this ECO mentioned the following in my last Admin review refusal:

“Your application has been refused as the Entry Clearance Officer is not satisfied that, on the balance of probabilities, you are a genuine entrepreneur, in line with Paragraph 245DB(f) and (h) of the Immigration Rules.”
Genuineness is a different matter. Often during JR, HO fails to show how you are not a genuine entrepreneur. If you really want to fight this, then the next step is JR

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:14 pm

argnihd13 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:10 am

ECO Refused again:

What would you advise?

Thanks
While the immigration rules do not specifically state that it should be unconditionally available, it does say (rule 41A (vi)(7))

(7) confirmation that the money will remain available until such time as it is transferred to the applicant, the entrepreneurial team or the applicant’s business.

So, if there are conditions attached to the investment, I can't see how it satisfies the requirement that it will remain available until it is transferred as it may never be transferred.

I think the ECO's decision is likely to be upheld or at the minimum, you will have a tough legal fight on that. And I doubt if JR will take into account the additional information. Not considering additional information is in line with the rules so that cannot be challenged successfully.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:04 pm

I’m ready to fight since the investment is genuinely available to me to invest. The VC is very supportive and they have already provided me with a letter stating the funds will be ‘available’ unconditionally.

Also,
This visa program is already closed.
I’ve been to 3 interviews.
I’ve explained my business plan and everything very well to the ECO.
I’ve waited for 7 months for a decision.
I’m unemployed since last 11 months waiting for a decision in my favour.

argnihd13
India

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur 50k PAP Refused JR Filed -during pandemic situation

Post by argnihd13 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 pm

So the GLD maintained their decision in response to the PAP. I have filed for a JR now.

So what happens next? Can anyone/moderators please advise me on the approximate timeline after this as I've heard JR is a lengthy process and takes years in some cases? If you can please specify the events with time in weeks/months that'd be great..

Is the GLD or Upper Tribunal working as normal in these Pandemic circumstances and will i get a response within the set 21 days from the GLD?

Any advise would be appreciated !!!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:53 pm

argnihd13 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 pm
So the GLD maintained their decision in response to the PAP. I have filed for a JR now.

So what happens next? Can anyone/moderators please advise me on the approximate timeline after this as I've heard JR is a lengthy process and takes years in some cases? If you can please specify the events with time in weeks/months that'd be great..

Is the GLD or Upper Tribunal working as normal in these Pandemic circumstances and will i get a response within the set 21 days from the GLD?

JR is part of the administrative law and not related to the immigration rules. JR can takes months as the case has to go to tribunal to be heard. There is no clear timescale for it. Seek the help of your lawyer to navigate this

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Thank you for a prompt reply Zimba.
Do you know if the departments are working as usual in these coronavirus pandemic situation?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:33 pm

argnihd13 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 pm

If you are going ahead with the fight for this, also take into consideration that extension applications will only be accepted until April 2023 and ILR applications until April 2025.

So, even if you are successful in your JR, you will not have time to qualify for your ILR, which would require you to have been on the visa for 5 years. At the minimum, you will have another fight over that with even lesser probability of success.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

argnihd13
India

Post by argnihd13 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:40 pm

I guess I would also be eligible to apply for ILR after 3 years If my business has created at least 10 full-time positions for settled workers; or Established a new business with turnover of at least £5m during the 3 year period, which is what I’m currently looking at.