Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newly landed in UK T1-- advice needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

john2030
Newly Registered
Brazil

Newly landed in UK T1-- advice needed

Post by john2030 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:48 pm

appreciate feedback on below please:
    got my BRP went to police to register (in London), seems due to uni students pressure they cant register and gave me appointment to come back December 1st. I believe the appointment slip is sufficent to proof that i went within 7 days and tried to register ?

Tried to open a bank account, they askked for address , which i dont have in the UK as i just arrived and plan to stay in hotel for the next month to find suitable place.
    Is there any other way to open an account without a phisical address? in Brazil we have post boxes that can be rented and become your address?

Same applies for business bank account, they cant open one before i register company (which is easy as i have seen), but again, they need utility bills to proof address.

NHS, do i need to register to start using the services when needed? we paid for the fees when we applied for the visa, but dont remember how to activate the service (if there is such thing).

i know that i should not ask about lawyers or accountants in this forum, and i dont plan to, but is there a central repository where the names of certified accountants for Uk are listed?

many thanks in advance

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Re: Newly landed in UK T1-- advice needed

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:52 pm

You need proof of address for everything you mention. Without it, you won't have much joy in trying to open anything official.

For NHS, you need to register with a GP in your area where you LIVE and need proof of address.
    i know that i should not ask about lawyers or accountants in this forum, and i dont plan to, but is there a central repository where the names of certified accountants for Uk are listed?
    Google for accountants.

Lawyers, see links below.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-adviser
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.