ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

online form for tier 1 extension available yet?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

online form for tier 1 extension available yet?

Post by mandydeb » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:55 pm

We're about to apply for extension to a tier 1 (entrepeneur) visa - reading about the new system rolled out in November, we were expecting to be able to apply online, but I can still only find an online form

I tried ringing the govt helpline to ask, but option 4 'extend your stay' enquiries was not available

Anyone know whether the online route has been delayed?

thanks!

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Re: online form for tier 1 extension available yet?

Post by mandydeb » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:02 pm

sorry, mean to say 'can only find a download paper form'

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:33 pm

You can't apply online for extension at the moment. Apply via post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Tier 1 dependent

Post by mandydeb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi - we're applying to extend for tier 1 (entrepeneur) spouse using form (rather than online). This form asks for previous name and proof of previous name (in this case this would be the marriage certificate), but the list of enclosed documents at the end says that if you've already been granted entry as a spouse, you don't need to include marriage certificate. So my questions are:

- do we need to include the marriage certificate as proof of previous name
- if so will a copy do, or must it be the original

thanks!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 dependent

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:27 pm

mandydeb wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:15 pm
Hi - we're applying to extend for tier 1 (entrepeneur) spouse using form (rather than online). This form asks for previous name and proof of previous name (in this case this would be the marriage certificate), but the list of enclosed documents at the end says that if you've already been granted entry as a spouse, you don't need to include marriage certificate. So my questions are:

- do we need to include the marriage certificate as proof of previous name
- if so will a copy do, or must it be the original

thanks!!!
Please do not tag your questions onto other topics in the spouse settlement sub forum, it is a completely different route and set of rules to tier 1 dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm

re. tier 1 (entrepeneur) extension

There are 'online' versions of dependant partner and dependant child forms. (I understand that this is separate from new online system)

My question is: are these forms submitted online, or are they printed out and submitted along with main applicant's form and supporting documents?

thankyou

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 pm

They are submitted online. Then you have to follow the process listed that you get at the end of the online process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Home Office Asked Further Documents

Post by mandydeb » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:00 pm

We are doing first extension application.

We have investment in the form of a director's loan - filling in the application form, table 3b1 asks for 'date of investment'. I'm assuming they don't want the date of every single transfer into the business bank account? what date do I put? - there are numerous payments over the period of two and a half years (which show up in the most recently filed accounts as money owed to creditors - naming the director as a creditor)

Also do I just put the value that can be traced in the business bank account? (the total value of the debit to the director in the accounts is greater as it includes the value of assets transferred to the business, which I know we can't include)

Many thanks

marcnath

Re: Home Office Asked Further Documents

Post by marcnath » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:47 pm

mandydeb wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:00 pm
We are doing first extension application.

We have investment in the form of a director's loan - filling in the application form, table 3b1 asks for 'date of investment'. I'm assuming they don't want the date of every single transfer into the business bank account? what date do I put? - there are numerous payments over the period of two and a half years (which show up in the most recently filed accounts as money owed to creditors - naming the director as a creditor)

Also do I just put the value that can be traced in the business bank account? (the total value of the debit to the director in the accounts is greater as it includes the value of assets transferred to the business, which I know we can't include)

Many thanks
They do want the date of every single remittance and evidence to back it up. You only need to list to the total of 50K/200K depending on your route.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm

I need some guidance on completing form 3b1, please (table of evidence for direct investment of funds)

The investment is in the form of a directors loan account and share capital (both of which are shown in the most recent accounts - Dec 2017)

Actual payments into the business bank account were made over the course of 2015-2017 - so what is the 'date of investment' (date that the director's loan account was created, or date of accounts, or a date range?)

The amount owed to the director shown in the accounts is greater than that which can be shown in the business bank accounts (due to direct purchase of assets and passing on of existing assets etc) - should I just show the amount I have evidence for in the 'Amount of investment' column

Many thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Please do not start new topics for each question.

Hasn't this question been answered ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:52 pm

hi
I thought I'd asked it - but cannot find my question or an answer - and 'search' does not seem to be available to mw. Can you help me find the answer?

thanks

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:56 pm

ignore my last comment - I can see the answer now - thanks!

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:02 am

Hi

We're applying for IHS to go with extension application.

The online guidance says it £200 per person - but having filled in online form for me and my dependants it's asking for £600 each - has it gone up - and by 200%???

thankyou

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 am

It's £200 per year. So a 3 year visa is £600.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 pm

...that makes sense. But isn't an extension to Tier 1 entrepeneur 2 years? (so should be £400 each) There doesn't see to be a way to specify an extension on the IHS online form?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Is this for a Tier 1 Dependent extension??

If for main and dependent, you need to pay what it asks for and any overpayment will be refunded during the decision process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mandydeb
Newly Registered
Mood:
Israel

Post by mandydeb » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 am

I see that the online form is now available (literally as we are just about to post the downloaded form)

I thought I saw somewhere that the cost of the online service was higher but I cannot find that information now - can anyone help?

thanks