ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part Time Job Creation Confusion

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

live4pride
- thin ice -

Part Time Job Creation Confusion

Post by live4pride » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Dear members,

I am on a Pre April 2014 transitional rules arrangement. I need your understanding/views for the following situation.

I have had a total of 5 employees who worked part time from 2014 until now.

Employee A worked 16 hours a month from April 2014 until Jan 2015 and left.

Employee B worked 16 hours a month in October 2014-October 2014, Another Month contribution of 69 hours in December 2014 and then left.

Employee C worked 69 a months from Dec 2014 until Aug 2015 and left.

Employee D worked 61 hours a month from Jan 2015 until October 2015, Then the hours dropped to 27.5 a month from November 2015 to March 2016 and then left.

There is a 2 months gap from May 2016 to June 2016.

Employee E has worked 90 hours a month from June 2016 and is ongoing.

FT jobs ran parallel to each other with employee B, C and D equates to 9 months.

Can I create an equivalent of 1 job from the remainder set of hours?

I am struggling to put all these employees in batches to look it easy and understandable for the case worker.

Kindly advise.

I have asked the same question elsewhere but this one is more detailed.

Regards
where there's a will there's a way

live4pride
- thin ice -

Re: Part Time Job Creation Confusion

Post by live4pride » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:34 am

Help/suggestions anyone..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:43 pm

There is no clear guide or rules on part time hours.
However you can add them together to reach min of 30 hours a week. I made an attempt to show how to calculate the hours for part time workers here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1437307

To make a full time job, you need 52 weeks of full time work (30 hours a week)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:57 pm

I guess if you count the total number of hrs for all the part time employees you can work it out . According to your table above looks like you have approx 2227 hrs in total until dec.

2227 / 30 per week max =74.23 weeks job

74.23 weeks / 4.33 (approx weeks per month ) =17.14 months job .

I might be wrong this is the only formula I figure out to count part time hrs . Good luck
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:26 pm

zimba88 wrote:There is no clear guide or rules on part time hours.
However you can add them together to reach min of 30 hours a week. I made an attempt to show how to calculate the hours for part time workers here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1437307

To make a full time job, you need 52 weeks of full time work (30 hours a week)
Thank you Zimba88 for your response. I've proactively followed your posts everywhere regarding this. The only weired issue I'm facing is this part time job has 9 months of part timers who have contributed together as a full time job as they ran parallel to each other.

Inception of job was laid out in April 2014 and is ongoing. My concern is what if I would not be able to claim the remainder of 22 months where the part time job existed! Also, I'm not too sure that if I can add hours from 2014,2015,2016! There's a shortfall of 3 months but cumulatively the hours exceed well about 1560. So how do I propose job creation! I know there's no definitive answer but wondering how other entrepreneurs have dealt with this or similar situation.

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:31 pm

kapoorinusa wrote:I guess if you count the total number of hrs for all the part time employees you can work it out . According to your table above looks like you have approx 2227 hrs in total until dec.

2227 / 30 per week max =74.23 weeks job

74.23 weeks / 4.33 (approx weeks per month ) =17.14 months job .

I might be wrong this is the only formula I figure out to count part time hrs . Good luck
Thank you kapoorinisa. From the calculations it appear that it would go above 12 months requirement. I've got all the data with monthly hours for each employee. Since I'm short of 3 months only I am thinking to add blocks of three employee from 2014,2015,2016 and combine their hours to show remainder of 3+ months.

I got this idea as I read somewhere in guidance that two or more part timers can contribute towards one job.

Also, in the old guidance point number 81 says the part time hours can contribute towards the equivalent of total hours required. So I hope this interpretation of mine is correct in this scenario. Thank you for reading through this :) .

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:59 pm

One way is convert each part time job weeks into its full time equivalent weeks and add all of them together. Jobs can run in parallel or separately !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

live4pride
- thin ice -

Post by live4pride » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:39 pm

zimba88 wrote:One way is convert each part time job weeks into its full time equivalent weeks and add all of them together. Jobs can run in parallel or separately !
Thanks Zimba88. I did not think about this one before but is a good suggestion. Appreciate that :)