ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Entreprenur new policy after 6 of April

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Humv
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My Understanding

Post by Humv » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:13 pm

rabeel wrote:
MILI wrote:Please let me know your comments on it. Many Thanks
Dear MILI if you read on application form page 31 carefully it says:

If all the evidence of investment funds has now been provided, go to H.
If some of the funds have already been invested in a UK business, continue at G11.

And all required things you are talking about comes in G18 to G23 but if you can show evidence of investment funds we do not need to fill G11 to G23 part and can go straight to section H. Please read things carefully before saying someone that you are wrong. I hope you will understand this time.




You are absolutely right. PSW holders dont need to fill in G section if you have met the invetments funds straight go to H section.

weikianng
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:29 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Post by weikianng » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I am currently working as well and thinking to switch to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.

Is there anyone with the same situation would like to venture into a partnership together?

MILI
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by MILI » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Dear Rabeel, thanks for correcting me …

I also enquired this with a solicitor … so all we have to do is

a)Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa b)Access to £50000 c) Maintenance fund d) English lang







Dear MILI if you read on application form page 31 carefully it says:

If all the evidence of investment funds has now been provided, go to H.
If some of the funds have already been invested in a UK business, continue at G11.

And all required things you are talking about comes in G18 to G23 but if you can show evidence of investment funds we do not need to fill G11 to G23 part and can go straight to section H. Please read things carefully before saying someone that you are wrong. I hope you will understand this time.[/quote][quote][/quote]

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:38 pm

MILI wrote:Dear Rabeel, thanks for correcting me …

I also enquired this with a solicitor … so all we have to do is

what did solicitor say on this?......because apparently I contacted UKBA and they said its a mistake they will amend the application form...

MILI
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by MILI » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:38 pm

[quote][quote="rabeel"][quote="MILI"]Dear Rabeel, thanks for correcting me …

I also enquired this with a solicitor … so all we have to do is

[/quote]


what did solicitor say on this?......because apparently I contacted UKBA and they said its a mistake they will amend the application form...[/quote][/quote]


The solicitor said that this visa is for people in psw who the UKB encourage to start business in UK… so all we have to do is
a) Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa b)Access to £50000 c) Maintenance fund d) English lang

Are you saying now we have to show a contract and Advertise the job?
Do you know when they will amend it??


Does anyone else know the UKBA view regarding this????

ashora
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by ashora » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 pm

HI
Can you please help me on this.... Can i open a restaurant and show my job as a chef.. but chef is not graduate level job. what type of job can i show for restaurant.. Tier1 application form job link does not work.

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:59 pm

MILI wrote:

Are you saying now we have to show a contract and Advertise the job?
Do you know when they will amend it??


Does anyone else know the UKBA view regarding this????

Yes now as UKBA said we need contract and advertise the job. We need to wait until they amend the form.

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 am

ashora wrote:HI
Can you please help me on this.... Can i open a restaurant and show my job as a chef.. but chef is not graduate level job. what type of job can i show for restaurant.. Tier1 application form job link does not work.

you can show customer service manager which is on Ukba graduate level job list.

ashora
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:39 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by ashora » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:47 am

rabeel wrote:
ashora wrote:HI
Can you please help me on this.... Can i open a restaurant and show my job as a chef.. but chef is not graduate level job. what type of job can i show for restaurant.. Tier1 application form job link does not work.

you can show customer service manager which is on Ukba graduate level job list.
THANKS

CAN YOU SEND ME THE LINK FOR UKBA GRADUATE LEVEL OCCUPATION LIST. I TRIED APPLICATION FORM LINK BUT IT DOES NOT OPEN

THANKS

Humv
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My Understanding

Post by Humv » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:14 pm

MILI wrote:
rabeel wrote:
MILI wrote:Dear Rabeel, thanks for correcting me …

I also enquired this with a solicitor … so all we have to do is

what did solicitor say on this?......because apparently I contacted UKBA and they said its a mistake they will amend the application form...

The solicitor said that this visa is for people in psw who the UKB encourage to start business in UK… so all we have to do is
a) Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa b)Access to £50000 c) Maintenance fund d) English lang

Are you saying now we have to show a contract and Advertise the job?
Do you know when they will amend it??


Does anyone else know the UKBA view regarding this????


I have contacted mu solicitor too and read all of the documentation myslef on ukba website. there is no mistake.all psw holders need to do is
a)Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa
b)Access to £50000
c) Maintenance fund
d) English language

advertisement and all other requirements apply to
1)Intial applicants who already have invested some of their money
and to Extensions applicants.

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:24 pm

MILI wrote: advertisement and all other requirements apply to
1)Intial applicants who already have invested some of their money
and to Extensions applicants.

Well at this moment things are not clear. I hope whatever your solicitor has said may be right and I was assuming the same thing before but now according to UKBA its a mistake in application form which they will correct soon. Have a look at UKBA reply below:

Thank you for your e-mail.

An applicant who currently has leave under Tier 1 (Post-Study work) who is relying on £50,000 that has not already be invested in the UK does need to show evidence of Registration as a Director/self-employer and Graduate level business activity. We will amend the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application form as soon as possible as it is not clear that the applicant needs to provide this information.



Regards

PBS Operational Policy
Vulcan House Steel, 2nd Floor
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Web: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/neyh
Last edited by rabeel on Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:31 pm

ashora wrote:
rabeel wrote:
ashora wrote:HI
Can you please help me on this.... Can i open a restaurant and show my job as a chef.. but chef is not graduate level job. what type of job can i show for restaurant.. Tier1 application form job link does not work.

you can show customer service manager which is on Ukba graduate level job list.
THANKS

CAN YOU SEND ME THE LINK FOR UKBA GRADUATE LEVEL OCCUPATION LIST. I TRIED APPLICATION FORM LINK BUT IT DOES NOT OPEN

THANKS
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Location: Wembley Park

RISK OF Partnership with known person

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:42 am

weikianng wrote:I am currently working as well and thinking to switch to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa.

Is there anyone with the same situation would like to venture into a partnership together?
the other party may run over business

cause loss of yr capital

may cheat u

so beware before entering partnership with unknown persons to just get visa , u may loose yr capital

serious
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: My Understanding

Post by serious » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:56 pm

rabeel wrote:
ashora wrote:HI
Can you please help me on this.... Can i open a restaurant and show my job as a chef.. but chef is not graduate level job. what type of job can i show for restaurant.. Tier1 application form job link does not work.

you can show customer service manager which is on Ukba graduate level job list.
Hi everybody,,

I have been reading this forum for quite a while and with time lots and lots of confusions are coming and going,, regarding the level 4 list I was thinking to open a mobile acessory or dress shop but when i discussed this to my lawyer he said no you have to choose something from that list ,, when i said that I can say in my visa application that I am marketing manager of my bisness may be i can join an already runing shop which is a registred company and under that compnay i say that i am marketing manager but he said no he explained me with an exmaple that in the level 4 list marketing manager profession is there so you could run a marketing consultancy firm,, I am very confused now as you guys have said that if you are opening a resturant you can show that you are customer service manager,,,, same is my case but why my lawyer is confusing me,,, either he is right or you guys are right,,,,, kindly give me your comments
many thanks

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am

serious wrote:kindly give me your comments
many thanks

Dont worry. Not all of the lawyers have same expertise. Please check link below if you can fit well in any of the job titles given by UKBA :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

MILI
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by MILI » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:01 pm

hi all,

see the below video .. it is helpfull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5nCdw0GXY



Humv wrote:
MILI wrote:
rabeel wrote:

what did solicitor say on this?......because apparently I contacted UKBA and they said its a mistake they will amend the application form...

The solicitor said that this visa is for people in psw who the UKB encourage to start business in UK… so all we have to do is
a) Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa b)Access to £50000 c) Maintenance fund d) English lang

Are you saying now we have to show a contract and Advertise the job?
Do you know when they will amend it??


Does anyone else know the UKBA view regarding this????


I have contacted mu solicitor too and read all of the documentation myslef on ukba website. there is no mistake.all psw holders need to do is
a)Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa
b)Access to £50000
c) Maintenance fund
d) English language

advertisement and all other requirements apply to
1)Intial applicants who already have invested some of their money
and to Extensions applicants.

Humv
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My Understanding

Post by Humv » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:05 pm

MILI wrote:hi all,

see the below video .. it is helpfull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5nCdw0GXY



Humv wrote:
MILI wrote:

The solicitor said that this visa is for people in psw who the UKB encourage to start business in UK… so all we have to do is
a) Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa b)Access to £50000 c) Maintenance fund d) English lang

Are you saying now we have to show a contract and Advertise the job?
Do you know when they will amend it??


Does anyone else know the UKBA view regarding this????


I have contacted mu solicitor too and read all of the documentation myslef on ukba website. there is no mistake.all psw holders need to do is
a)Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa
b)Access to £50000
c) Maintenance fund
d) English language

advertisement and all other requirements apply to
1)Intial applicants who already have invested some of their money
and to Extensions applicants.

Thanks MILI.

But confusion still exists! where he mentioned that you need to have graduate level job. so that means if you register a company and the work you do for that company should be at gradute level right?

and where he said you need to show the evidence of graduate level job. which is advertisement and contracts with third parties?

how can you register a company within three months and can get contracts straight after!!!

MILI
Newly Registered
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:43 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by MILI » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

[quote="Humv"][quote="MILI"]hi all,

see the below video .. it is helpfull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn5nCdw0GXY




[quote="Humv"][quote="MILI"][quote][quote="rabeel"][quote="MILI"]Dear Rabeel, thanks for correcting me …

I also enquired this with a solicitor … so all we have to do is

[/quote]


what did solicitor say on this?......because apparently I contacted UKBA and they said its a mistake they will amend the application form...[/quote][/quote]


The solicitor said that this visa is for people in psw who the UKB encourage to start business in UK… so all we have to do is
a) Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa b)Access to £50000 c) Maintenance fund d) English lang

Are you saying now we have to show a contract and Advertise the job?
Do you know when they will amend it??


Does anyone else know the UKBA view regarding this????[/quote]



I have contacted mu solicitor too and read all of the documentation myslef on ukba website. there is no mistake.all psw holders need to do is
a)Register company as self-employee or as a director within 3 months before applying for visa
b)Access to £50000
c) Maintenance fund
d) English language

advertisement and all other requirements apply to
1)Intial applicants who already have invested some of their money
and to Extensions applicants.[/quote][/quote]


Thanks MILI.

But confusion still exists! where he mentioned that you need to have graduate level job. so that means if you register a company and the work you do for that company should be at gradute level right?

and where he said you need to show the evidence of graduate level job. which is advertisement and contracts with third parties?

how can you register a company within three months and can get contracts straight after!!![/quote]




Hi Humv,

I think everyone is confused about this visa. I spoke to UKBA they said “ just follow the application form” and I said if I follow the application form I will be missing section d..UKBA said they are not aware of any mistake in the application. Anyways I have emailed them to get a confirmation..

I Guess no one is really sure I approached 3 solicitors and all of them have three different views.. and I got to apply for visa in june .I still have not decided what to do….
[quote]

Humv
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Contact:

Re: My Understanding

Post by Humv » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:24 am

MILI wrote:


Hi Humv,

I think everyone is confused about this visa. I spoke to UKBA they said “ just follow the application form” and I said if I follow the application form I will be missing section d..UKBA said they are not aware of any mistake in the application. Anyways I have emailed them to get a confirmation..

I Guess no one is really sure I approached 3 solicitors and all of them have three different views.. and I got to apply for visa in june .I still have not decided what to do….



Hi MILI

People are making things so complicated. it is very straight forward. As I said eralier there is not mistake in Application form. I have contacted UKBA myself after that and even they are not aware of it.
Let suppose if they have made any mistake and people apply via existing application form, UKBA is not going to refuse as it is thier application form uploaded by them.

I personally enquired from couple of solicitors and they all said you do not need anything except these basic requirements. Also if you go to the following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

and read evidences for initial applicants. It makes everything clear. In the policy guidance, application form, and on the website it doesnt ask for the evidence of contracts for initial applicants(who have not invested their all/some of money before)


I have to apply end of this month too. So i would suggest you what I am going to do, follow the application form and go for it. Trust me you will be ok :)

rabeel
BANNED
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: My Understanding

Post by rabeel » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Humv wrote:I have to apply end of this month too. So i would suggest you what I am going to do, follow the application form and go for it. Trust me you will be ok :)
You are right Humv. Actually lot of people are confused because what UKBA says in its policy guidance is not clear and contradicts with application form and top of that many solicitors still themselves do not know the accurate information. But its true that we should follow what the application form says and if there would be any mistake in application form, then its UKBA fault. Hope things will be clear in coming days soon.

solomondid
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Post by solomondid » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Guys,

I have contacted my solicitor too, he says your previous job contract or your self employment registration can prove the work you do is above NQF level 4. Also, the contract proof is only required if you have done any work after having registered as self employed such as invoice of the work done, or copy of contract if you are in a maintenance contract with any firm for maintaining their IT Equipment or administering their computer which is my case.

Hope this helps, please keep on posting more as its very confusing documentation by the looks of it.

Regards,

Solomon
Solomon

Humv
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Contact:

Post by Humv » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 pm

solomondid wrote:Hi Guys,

I have contacted my solicitor too, he says your previous job contract or your self employment registration can prove the work you do is above NQF level 4. Also, the contract proof is only required if you have done any work after having registered as self employed such as invoice of the work done, or copy of contract if you are in a maintenance contract with any firm for maintaining their IT Equipment or administering their computer which is my case.

Hope this helps, please keep on posting more as its very confusing documentation by the looks of it.

Regards,

Solomon

I completely agree with this. My solicitor said exactly the same thing. He said your registration for slef employment/Director of Comapny will prove your work is at above NVQ level.If you have done some work you have to show evidence if you have not just follow the basic requirements.

serious
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by serious » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Humv wrote:
solomondid wrote:Hi Guys,

I have contacted my solicitor too, he says your previous job contract or your self employment registration can prove the work you do is above NQF level 4. Also, the contract proof is only required if you have done any work after having registered as self employed such as invoice of the work done, or copy of contract if you are in a maintenance contract with any firm for maintaining their IT Equipment or administering their computer which is my case.

Hope this helps, please keep on posting more as its very confusing documentation by the looks of it.

Regards,

Solomon

I completely agree with this. My solicitor said exactly the same thing. He said your registration for slef employment/Director of Comapny will prove your work is at above NVQ level.If you have done some work you have to show evidence if you have not just follow the basic requirements.
Hi guys,,,

I need your guidence ,, I am on post study visa working ful time ,, but for entrepenure visa I am planing to buy a shop and want to sell stuff related to kids,,, now my question is how I am going to relate myself in to NQF level 4?

as i am going to register as self emplyed can i say that I am the mrketing manager?
guys please give me your valueable advice,,,

regards

serious
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:43 pm

Re: My Understanding

Post by serious » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:01 pm

rabeel wrote:
serious wrote:kindly give me your comments
many thanks

Dont worry. Not all of the lawyers have same expertise. Please check link below if you can fit well in any of the job titles given by UKBA :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
thank you very much deat Rabeel,,,

But still i am not sure,, like if i am starting runing my own shop ,, can i say that i am involved in marketing and management of my business because marketing manager profession does come in that level 4 list?
I am right or wrong ,, ?

Please guide me

Regards

solomondid
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:06 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: My Understanding

Post by solomondid » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 pm

serious wrote:
rabeel wrote:
serious wrote:kindly give me your comments

thank you very much deat Rabeel,,,

But still i am not sure,, like if i am starting runing my own shop ,, can i say that i am involved in marketing and management of my business because marketing manager profession does come in that level 4 list?
I am right or wrong ,, ?

Please guide me

Regards
I dont think you will be awarded points if you own shop and register self employed, you may be better off registering as director because being a director may be an occupation above NQF level 4. Please wait for experts to respond though.
Solomon

Locked
cron