ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions related to my documents list for Tier extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sha09

Coded RTI from sage software

Post by Sha09 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi all,

I have a couple of questions and I need expert opinion on that:

1. Does HO accept coded versions of RTI from sage software? I have downloaded the coded version that has all the necessary information that HO wants to see on RTI such as Employment start date, gross pay, deductions, tax month and employee personal details:

2. There was a spelling mistake in my employee’s name in payslips and RTIs of the first few months which we changed later on. Accountant said he can change the name and print the Payslips only but cannot change the name on submitted RTIs. So what should I do in this case? Should Submit the payslips and coded RTI with name errors with my application or Correct the name on Payslip and send the RTI with the name error? Or correct the name on Payslips and Coded RTIs but HMRC will have the name with error.

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Coded RTI from sage software

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:03 am

Sha09 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:46 pm
1. Does HO accept coded versions of RTI from sage software? I have downloaded the coded version that has all the necessary information that HO wants to see on RTI such as Employment start date, gross pay, deductions, tax month and employee personal details:
uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... l#p1756582
2. There was a spelling mistake in my employee’s name in payslips and RTIs of the first few months which we changed later on. Accountant said he can change the name and print the Payslips only but cannot change the name on submitted RTIs. So what should I do in this case? Should Submit the payslips and coded RTI with name errors with my application or Correct the name on Payslip and send the RTI with the name error? Or correct the name on Payslips and Coded RTIs but HMRC will have the name with error.
Generate payslips again with correct names, RTI will not be an issue
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Sha09

Post by Sha09 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Thank you Zimba for your reply.

My accountant sent me these XML files in pdf version and rather and text files also. However both are same but pdf have the header saying “ This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.” Which one should I use?

Secondly, should I ask my accountant to write a letter on his letter head and write about the spelling mistake of my employee’ surname which was an administrative error and has been corrected in payslips however FPS still have the name error and cannot be corrected because that requires re-submission or RTI?

Please suggest.

many thanks 😊

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Any of them. You can attach the letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:54 am

Sha09 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:50 pm
Thank you Zimba for your reply.

My accountant sent me these XML files in pdf version and rather and text files also. However both are same but pdf have the header saying “ This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.” Which one should I use?

Secondly, should I ask my accountant to write a letter on his letter head and write about the spelling mistake of my employee’ surname which was an administrative error and has been corrected in payslips however FPS still have the name error and cannot be corrected because that requires re-submission or RTI?

Please suggest.

many thanks 😊
Name error is not very significant, especially if the NI number is the same.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Sha09

Post by Sha09 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:16 am

Thanks you zimba and marcnath for your replies.

Sha09

Post by Sha09 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:23 am

Dear members,

I don't know i got confused because may be i am thinking too much about this, your suggestions may help me.

I still have confusions about the spellings mistake in the surname of one of my employee.

The situation is: I had two accountants. The first one did my employee's payroll for first 4 months and did this spelling mistake putting one letter wrong in the surname. When i shifted to the second accountant he also did the same mistake in couple of payrolls but later on he corrected this when my employee pointed it out.

So when I told my second accountant who is using moneysoft software for payroll, He corrected the spelling mistake on all the documents, like Payslips, rti/fps (without EYU and re-submitting for the current year), p60 and p11.

However, when I went back to the first accountant who was using "Sage" software for payroll, He said, he can correct the name on payslips, payment summaries, and p11 but cannot correct on fps because for that he have to submit RTI again to generate the XML file, which he cannot as it was last year's submission and EYU(Earlier year update) are for errors in figures not for personal information. He also contacted sage and sage people said the same thing.

P.S The NI and date of birth of the employee is correct on all of these payslips and FPS (Xml) files and other payroll documents.

Clarification request:

1) Should i leave spelling error and submit these payslips, fps, p11, payment summaries and p60 as it is with accountant letter mentioning about the administrative error or submit all these without accountant letter? OR
2) Should i corrected name and then submit the payslips, p60, p11 and payment summaries along with fps (xml) file with spelling mistake with accountant letter mentioning about the administrative error or submit all these without accountant letter?

I want to make my case easy for the case worker.

You expert opinions will be appreciated.

Many thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Sha09 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:23 am
Dear members,

I don't know i got confused because may be i am thinking too much about this, your suggestions may help me.

I still have confusions about the spellings mistake in the surname of one of my employee.

The situation is: I had two accountants. The first one did my employee's payroll for first 4 months and did this spelling mistake putting one letter wrong in the surname. When i shifted to the second accountant he also did the same mistake in couple of payrolls but later on he corrected this when my employee pointed it out.

So when I told my second accountant who is using moneysoft software for payroll, He corrected the spelling mistake on all the documents, like Payslips, rti/fps (without EYU and re-submitting for the current year), p60 and p11.

However, when I went back to the first accountant who was using "Sage" software for payroll, He said, he can correct the name on payslips, payment summaries, and p11 but cannot correct on fps because for that he have to submit RTI again to generate the XML file, which he cannot as it was last year's submission and EYU(Earlier year update) are for errors in figures not for personal information. He also contacted sage and sage people said the same thing.

P.S The NI and date of birth of the employee is correct on all of these payslips and FPS (Xml) files and other payroll documents.

Clarification request:

1) Should i leave spelling error and submit these payslips, fps, p11, payment summaries and p60 as it is with accountant letter mentioning about the administrative error or submit all these without accountant letter? OR
2) Should i corrected name and then submit the payslips, p60, p11 and payment summaries along with fps (xml) file with spelling mistake with accountant letter mentioning about the administrative error or submit all these without accountant letter?

I want to make my case easy for the case worker.

You expert opinions will be appreciated.

Many thanks
As mentioned, I don't think it matters. Do whatever is convenient.

You just need to add in a cover letter to point out the discrepancy.

I had an employee who used her short name in the application form, interview, etc so I went many months with that name. It was only when I collected here passport copy a few months later that I noticed the name was incorrect. I just had her also give me her NI letter which I attached and did not correct any of the earlier documents. Never had an issue.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Sha09

Post by Sha09 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi marcnath,

Thanks for your response. I contacted sage and HMRC today and they said there is no harm if you correct the error on payslips, p60 and p11s for the previous year and months in your software.

They said, However you cannot re submit previous year’s RTI as that can only be done if there is any error is tax figures.

Now I have corrected the name error on all payroll documents except sage FPS reports (xml file) and took the letter from previous accountant mentioning it was an administrative error.

Should I send this letter with my application or keep it with me and provide it to Home office if they raise the issue and request any clarification?

Many thanks

Sha09

Questions related to my documents list for Tier extension

Post by Sha09 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am applying for my tier1 entrepreneur extension next week. I have gone through the documents lists people have shared on this forum. However, I want to share my list of documents that have a few questions for your Gurus to get your expert opinion and suggestions.

I have highlighted my concerns in Red

1. Cover letter
2. Consent letter for the home office
3. Applicants passport copy
4. Applicants brp copy
5. Applicants previous brp
6. Applicants entry clearance
7. Maintenance fund 90days
8. Degree for the English language
9. Certification of incorporation (all, including a name change)
10. Current appointments report (ordered from company’s house over the phone)
11. HMRC/Companies Corporation payment reminder letter – recent year
12. Letter from the bank - signatory letter
13. Business overview
including the business activities and cash flow for the next two years
14. Share certificate
Do I need it if I am investing through the Director loan?
15. Confirmation statement - the recent year
it does not show Share certificate, is it ok?
16. Company accounts – recent year
Do I need to submit the last three year’s accounts as I have invested over a period of three years?
17. Business bank statement showing investment from the personal bank account
Do I need to submit all three years' bank statements or just for the months in which the money is invested?
18. Personal bank statement showing transfer from personal to business.
Only attached those months statements in which I have transferred the money into my business account. Some transactions show my name but not the company name in my personal bank statement. Is it fine?
19. Director loan agreement
20. Accountant letter confirming the net investment
21. CT600 - recent year
22. CT600 submission acknowledgment
23. Printouts of RTI/FPS - xml format –
XML file are for the first few months when from my previous accountant who used SAGE Payroll. These XML RTIs shows gross payment, Deductions and also a start date but does not shows net payment. is it ok or should i need to attache other document with it?
24. Printouts of RTI/FFS - Moneysoft generated.
These are from my current accountant for rest of the months which were generated from MoneySoft
25. Copy of Payslips
26. P45
27. P60
28. P11
29. Job offer letter
30. Employment contract
31. Letter for an hourly wage rate increase for both employees (Annual Government’s wage increase
32. Accountant letter confirming net job creation
33. Passport copies of employees
34. RTI/FPS submission logs
35. RTI/FPS submission acknowledgment
36. Payroll summary
37. HMRC PAYE Payment Confirmation
38. HMRC Employer PAYE registration letter
39. Certificate of insurance –
Recent year of all three years?
40. Website screenshots
41. Job advertisement
42. Business reviews
43. Business card
44. Other legal registrations
45. Invoices (Few of them. Purchase and sales invoices)

Waiting for your response.
Many Thanks

Sha09

Re: Questions related to my documents list for Tier extension

Post by Sha09 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:00 am

Hi guys,

Any response regarding my last posts? :)