ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration within six months

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali272
Member of Standing

registration within six months

Post by Ali272 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 am

Hi,

I switched from Tier 1 GE to Tier 1 E in November. I was already registered as company's director before I apply for Tier 1 E. Do I need to do anything else within six month of entering Tier 1 E route? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: registration within six months

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:03 pm

No, if you were registered as company director before initial application granted, you meet the requirements for 6 months registration
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Thank you Zimba.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi,

I just calculated and realized I have been on my Tier 1 E visa now for 5 months and 20 days since grant date. I'm really worried about 6 months registration requirement. Just to double check (really sorry if I'm annoying you guys), Do I fulfill the requirement if my company is already registred? Guidance is unclear. It says you must register. register for what? Is the company that was formed on my previous Graduate Entrepreneur visa eligible? Is this the only registration required? Thank you so much. Sorry again

Guidance says my leave may be curtailed if I don't register properly, so I'm very worried.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 pm

The criteria is "You must have been registered as self-employed with HMRC, registered a new company in which you are a director, or been registered as a Director of an existing company within the 6 months after entering the category'

If you registered your company, I assume you named yourself as a Director of the new company.
It is NOT SUFFICIENT that you registered the company. The key criteria is that you are registered as a Director of that company.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Advice I have given above is valid. :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:54 pm

Thank you to both of you.