ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Job Creation

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kingds5
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Criteria Clarification

Post by kingds5 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:53 am

Hi all

My extension is due in mid 2024 and I’m preparing ahead of time and would like to clarify the below if any of you can help and advise or those who have applied this extension successfully.

The applicant has:

(a) established a new business or businesses that has or have created the equivalent of at least 2 new full time jobs for settled workers, or

(b) taken over or invested in an existing business or businesses and their services or investment have resulted in a net increase in the employment provided by the business or businesses for settled workers by creating the equivalent of at least 2 new full time jobs for settled workers.

The jobs must have existed for at least 12 months during the applicant’s most recent grant of leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant or, where that leave was granted less than 12 months ago, for at least the 12 months immediately before the date of application.

Is this hiring of settled workers under the same company/business I applied the Tier 1 for or whether do I need to open a new company/new business? Just a bit confuse with their phrasing of the criteria.Theoretically, I thought it should be the same company that I applied the visa for and that I’m currently building for the past years.

Also what are recommended working hours per month/salary for hiring of the settled worker to show to HO?

Thank you

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Criteria Clarification

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:30 pm

kingds5 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:53 am
Hi all

My extension is due in mid 2024 and I’m preparing ahead of time and would like to clarify the below if any of you can help and advise or those who have applied this extension successfully.

The applicant has:

(a) established a new business or businesses that has or have created the equivalent of at least 2 new full time jobs for settled workers, or

(b) taken over or invested in an existing business or businesses and their services or investment have resulted in a net increase in the employment provided by the business or businesses for settled workers by creating the equivalent of at least 2 new full time jobs for settled workers.

The jobs must have existed for at least 12 months during the applicant’s most recent grant of leave as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant or, where that leave was granted less than 12 months ago, for at least the 12 months immediately before the date of application.

Is this hiring of settled workers under the same company/business I applied the Tier 1 for or whether do I need to open a new company/new business? Just a bit confuse with their phrasing of the criteria.Theoretically, I thought it should be the same company that I applied the visa for and that I’m currently building for the past years.

Also what are recommended working hours per month/salary for hiring of the settled worker to show to HO?

Thank you
Not sure what you mean by "company that I applied the visa for". The Entrepreneur visa is not issued to a company, it is granted to you as an individual. So, it does not matter if you had a company when you applied, that has no relevance for the extension.

But to answer your specific question, you do not need to have a separate company to use for employment.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

kingds5
Newly Registered

Post by kingds5 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant my own business that I’m currently on with my entrepreneur visa. And yes it was granted to me as an individual. This is my own company.

Therefore for my visa extension, I will just need to hire the two settled workers into my company, am I right?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:30 pm

kingds5 wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:14 pm
Sorry for the confusion.

I meant my own business that I’m currently on with my entrepreneur visa. And yes it was granted to me as an individual. This is my own company.

Therefore for my visa extension, I will just need to hire the two settled workers into my company, am I right?
Correct
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:40 am

Just out of curioustiy, when did you receive your T1 visa to enter the UK?
Reason for asking is that the T1 program was closed March 28th 2019 and all visas where granted by end of 2019. so the latest extension application will by mid of 2023. the program will end in 2025 for the ILR application. Just so you are aware of the timelines. unless you have an exception

kingds5
Newly Registered

Post by kingds5 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:01 pm

I received mine May 2021 last year just before the Entrepreneur route close as I had a Start Up visa before and Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur so I manage to transfer onto this route with that exception, Does it still qualify for extension?

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:26 pm

kingds5 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:01 pm
I received mine May 2021 last year just before the Entrepreneur route close as I had a Start Up visa before and Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur so I manage to transfer onto this route with that exception, Does it still qualify for extension?
i recommend you read the latest TE guidelines. My guess is that if HO allowed you to switch to this visa they would know the timelines, but please check the guidlelines (they are online and updated regularly).. best of luck

kingds5
Newly Registered

Settled workers documents

Post by kingds5 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:55 pm

Hi

To those who have successfully gone through T1 Entrepreneur extension. Could you please advise on the documents that need to show for the settled workers?

Is a British passport sufficient as a proof of UK settled workers or do I also need to supply their birth certificate?

Want to ensure I get it all right as I prepare myself for the extension.

Thanks

marcnath

Re: Settled workers documents

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:57 pm

kingds5 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:55 pm
Hi

To those who have successfully gone through T1 Entrepreneur extension. Could you please advise on the documents that need to show for the settled workers?

Is a British passport sufficient as a proof of UK settled workers or do I also need to supply their birth certificate?

Want to ensure I get it all right as I prepare myself for the extension.

Thanks
Passport is sufficient

kingds5
Newly Registered

Salary Job Creation

Post by kingds5 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 am

Hi all

Wanted to know that if I use minimum wage of £9.50/hour at 33 hours a week sufficient and fulfill the criteria for job creation even if my company is registered and based in London?

Do we need to follow London Living Wage or is National Living Wage sufficient for the visa extension?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

D

zimba
Mood:

Re: Salary Job Creation

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:29 am

They are effectively the same thing, just different terms used based on the age of your employee:
These rates are for the National Living Wage (for those aged 23 and over) and the National Minimum Wage (for those of at least school leaving age).
https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice