ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Buisness activity on Tier 1

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Second Buisness activity on Tier 1

Post by Alyabdo » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 pm

Hello everyone,
I am aholder of Tier 1 Entreprnuer Visa.
The business that I joined over two year ago is doing well and I will use the jobs I created for my application. I am considering joining a second (additional) business, part time, as I am a medical practitioner and would be able to practice after joining the business.
My question is that the business I consider joining is a clinic which is not a limited company but set up as a partnership. What is the correct way to join the business to be in compliance with visa conditions?
As I cannot buy shares in this setup, is it ok if I setup a limited company and for example lease a room in the clinic? or join as a partner by paying some cash and/or buying some equipment that I am going to use?
I would appretiate an answer and any suggestions.
Thank you.
Aly

marcnath

Re: Second Buisness activity on Tier 1

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Alyabdo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 pm
Hello everyone,
I am aholder of Tier 1 Entreprnuer Visa.
The business that I joined over two year ago is doing well and I will use the jobs I created for my application. I am considering joining a second (additional) business, part time, as I am a medical practitioner and would be able to practice after joining the business.
My question is that the business I consider joining is a clinic which is not a limited company but set up as a partnership. What is the correct way to join the business to be in compliance with visa conditions?
As I cannot buy shares in this setup, is it ok if I setup a limited company and for example lease a room in the clinic? or join as a partner by paying some cash and/or buying some equipment that I am going to use?
I would appretiate an answer and any suggestions.
Thank you.
Aly
Why do you need to join a business? You can be self employed.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Thank you for reply. The reason is that I will initially be working with that practice only, and I am afraid it might be interpreted taking an employment by any means (which is not). If I just work as a self employed with one practice, would that be ok? Thanks

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:58 pm

Alyabdo wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:08 pm
Thank you for reply. The reason is that I will initially be working with that practice only, and I am afraid it might be interpreted taking an employment by any means (which is not). If I just work as a self employed with one practice, would that be ok? Thanks
If you think working as self employed may be interpreted as taking an employment, having a limited company is not going to make a difference. HO looks at what the nature of your work is, not the structure of the business.

Buying into the partnership will address that issue then.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Alyabdo
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Alyabdo » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Many thanks for your input.