ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Maintenance Funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akap12

Spouse Visa Maintenance Funds

Post by akap12 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:55 am

Hi guys,
I had a bit of a confusion. I am on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (Extension Stage) and would like to bring my wife to the UK!
While i was reading the policy guidance, i came across these points:

Family members of Tier 1(Entrepreneur) lead applicants must have evidence of
available funds of £1,890 - if the applicant is either outside the UK or has been
present in the UK for less than 12 months.

Dependants of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) lead applicants cannot use the same funds the
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) used to score points for attributes to meet the maintenance
requirement.

My question is: Does my wife need to show the maintenance funds or can I do it? :?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Maintenance Funds

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:05 pm

There is no maintenance requirement for dependants at that stage
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-migrants
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akap12

Post by akap12 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:03 am

Hi Zimba,

So based on the info below, the maintenance is for myself to show right?

"Each dependant must have a certain amount of money available to them - this is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself.

The amount depends on your circumstances. You must have £1,890 for each dependant if you’ve been in the UK for less than 12 months. "

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:17 pm

Yes
Dependants of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) lead applicants who have been in the UK for 12
months or more do not need to meet the maintenance requirement.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akap12

Post by akap12 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:16 am

One last thing Zimba:
I have been in the UK for over 9 years now but I always travel back home every year. Right now I am not in the UK and will only be travelling in mid March!
Does this mean i have not been in the UK for 12 months or do they mean residing till now?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:46 pm

How is this relevant to their applications?

akap12

Post by akap12 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:23 pm

Am i reading this part wrong?

"Dependants of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) lead applicants who have been in the UK for 12
months or more do not need to meet the maintenance requirement."

So my wife is applying from outside the UK and has not been to the UK. Will she need to meet the maintenance requirement? Or is this about me, the lead applicant? :shock: :? :?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:36 pm

My reading is that it applies to the lead applicant rather than the dependant as per Appendix E of the rules
(a) Where the application is connected to a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant who is outside the UK or who has been in the UK for a period of less than 12 months, there must be £1,890 in funds.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... m-migrants