Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssb27

Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Post by ssb27 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with my queries.

My T1E extension application has been pending with Home Office for the last 9 months. I already have an existing consulting business which i used for my Tier 1 (50k route) extension and I am planning on starting a new franchise company in the next week, I will still keep my existing business as well.
1) Are there any visa restrictions in opening a franchise company under my existing T1E visa and/or do I have to inform Home Office?
2) I am looking to start the process with the franchisor in the next 2 weeks or less, I am sceptical as I might need my passport as part of the paper work process. Can I send my new business plan, agreement and a cover letter to Home Office stating my intention to start a new business opportunity? Will this help expatiate my application?

marcnath

Re: Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:36 pm

ssb27 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:14 pm
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help with my queries.

My T1E extension application has been pending with Home Office for the last 9 months. I already have an existing consulting business which i used for my Tier 1 (50k route) extension and I am planning on starting a new franchise company in the next week, I will still keep my existing business as well.
1) Are there any visa restrictions in opening a franchise company under my existing T1E visa and/or do I have to inform Home Office?
2) I am looking to start the process with the franchisor in the next 2 weeks or less, I am sceptical as I might need my passport as part of the paper work process. Can I send my new business plan, agreement and a cover letter to Home Office stating my intention to start a new business opportunity? Will this help expatiate my application?
1) No to both questions
2) You can send it and it may help, but there are no guarantees
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

ssb27

Re: Starting a new franchise business while application is pending

Post by ssb27 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks Marcnath.
I appreciate your help