ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stop payroll, stop working or p45

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nijaraj
Newly Registered
India

stop payroll, stop working or p45

Post by nijaraj » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:59 pm

hi,

when my 2nd application was pending my accountant remove me from payroll and i stoped working (no salary from company)

1). but when i got LTR again i started my salary after 3 months (do we have to set as new joining date?)

2). is P45 necessary to issue to director

3). or stoping payroll (stop rti) is enough (as this shows director is not working)

nijaraj
Newly Registered
India

Re: stop payroll, stop working or p45

Post by nijaraj » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:00 am

sorry forgotten to add can edit the post

if director has agreement to get commession from some of his previous work as company progress, this has to be on payroll, if we issue P45 then we can't record his earning which is against the law.

i found something regarding same issue.

"I'm somewhat sceptical about this, but I was given a clear, firm answer once when I called HMRC's PAYE helpline with this very question which arose when a client asked us what they should do. According to the answer I was given a director-employee should not be made a leaver while they retain their directorship, even if they cease paid work for the organisation. In particular HMRC is concerned about the possibility that the director might restart with the same company later in the year, messing up cumulative NI rules (which of course someone unscrupulous could do deliberately), and they prevent this by not allowing the "leave" in the first place."

nijaraj
Newly Registered
India

Post by nijaraj » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:14 pm

anyone has any thought on this?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:45 pm

This has nothing to do with immigration, so it is not a relevant question in this forum.

Please consult your accountant and take their advice.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.