ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from Tier 4 (Child) to Tier 1 Dependant

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Switch from Tier 4 (Child) to Tier 1 Dependant

Post by 123qwerty » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 am

Dear all,

due to recent changes to the Tier 4 (Child) visa, I need to switch my kids to Tier 1 Dependant this year. But, according to the school lawyers my children will have to apply outside UK to move onto Tier 1 Dependant. I read the PBS Dependant Guidelines point no. 49 and Tier 4 (Child) visa is not listed as one of those that cannot apply in the UK. Now the lawyers are saying they need to check with UKVI.

My kids have been studying in the UK for the last three years so they are certainly not classified under short-term student.

People with experience and knowledge, what are your opinions? I do not want to pull my kids out of school unnecessarily. The last time I applied in Singapore I waited for 2 months even though I paid for priority, I do not want to put my kids through the same nonsense and missing out on their education.

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Switch from Tier 4 (Child) to Tier 1 Dependant

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:34 am

There is no restriction for a Tier 4 Child to switch to PBS dependat route as per rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

123qwerty
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: Switch from Tier 4 (Child) to Tier 1 Dependant

Post by 123qwerty » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:34 am
There is no restriction for a Tier 4 Child to switch to PBS dependat route as per rules
That's what I understood from the rules too, thank you for responding!