ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jmamp
Newly Registered
United States of America

Switching from a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Post by jmamp » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:13 am

Hi I am looking for people who have been through this process and can share their experiences? I have read the HMRC website and find it quite scary. The 50k it states it can come from anywhere for this switch, but would this include from a family member or is it certain sources only? Any first hand information to help me with this process would be appreciated

zimba
Mood:

Re: Switching from a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 pm

This is not an HMRC issue but an immigration related.
You can start by reading the Tier 1E guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _07.18.pdf

Note: You are allowed to use your own funds when switching from Tier 1GE to Tier 1E as per Table 4 appendix A of immigration rules
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: Switching from a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa

Post by vdrago2k18 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Yes, you can use your own funds and/or money made available to you by third-parties (e.g. relative).

If you look here on the UKVI website:

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds

Under "Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur", it states that if your last leave was Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur, then "your funds can come from any source".

In the policy guidance, on Page 9, it states:

Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur

"You have access to at least £50,000 which is available to
you or your business and they are:
1. applying for leave to remain
2. have, or were last granted, leave as a Tier 1
(Graduate Entrepreneur)

I also had the Tier Graduate Entrepreneur Visa and switched to T1E using funds from a relative.