ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1-Entrepreneur - AR process withdrawal AFTER reconsidered extension approval?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CanadaMan
Newly Registered
Canada

T1-Entrepreneur - AR process withdrawal AFTER reconsidered extension approval?

Post by CanadaMan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello all - quick question. I had my T1-E extension refused about 1.5 weeks ago due to a technical error. At that time, my immigration consultant did two things. First, he pointed out the error by simply emailing application team directly, but he also initiated an AR process at the same time to ensure we had a formal process to fall back on.

As it happens, the informal email sent to the application team has resulted in a reconsidered application, and ultimately an approval.

My question is this: the AR process is still "active" at the moment, and we just sent over documentation for that as of yesterday. Do we formally withdraw from the AR process as we have obtained an approval, or do we need to allow the AR process to basically "catch on" to the fact that the approval has already been made? I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize the approval gained through the informal email request we made.

Any help would be most appreciated.

marcnath

Re: T1-Entrepreneur - AR process withdrawal AFTER reconsidered extension approval?

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:12 pm

CanadaMan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:08 pm
Hello all - quick question. I had my T1-E extension refused about 1.5 weeks ago due to a technical error. At that time, my immigration consultant did two things. First, he pointed out the error by simply emailing application team directly, but he also initiated an AR process at the same time to ensure we had a formal process to fall back on.

As it happens, the informal email sent to the application team has resulted in a reconsidered application, and ultimately an approval.

My question is this: the AR process is still "active" at the moment, and we just sent over documentation for that as of yesterday. Do we formally withdraw from the AR process as we have obtained an approval, or do we need to allow the AR process to basically "catch on" to the fact that the approval has already been made? I don't want to do anything that would jeopardize the approval gained through the informal email request we made.

Any help would be most appreciated.
If you have received an official approval letter, BRP, etc. just let the AR team know that this has happened.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CanadaMan
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: T1-Entrepreneur - AR process withdrawal AFTER reconsidered extension approval?

Post by CanadaMan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:25 pm

Thank you for the ultra-speed reply. No BRP as yet, however we did receive a PDF approval attached to an email from the "WorkStudyExternal" email address from the Home Office.

The specific language, which I assume is a template, is:

"Thank you for your application which has now been approved. I am returning the enclosed passport(s) and other documents which you provided in support of your application. Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover. If you have not already received it, this should reach you shortly."

I realise the language is rather clear, but I've got this built-in nervousness that I suspect is present in every T1-E extension candidate!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:33 pm

CanadaMan wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:25 pm
Thank you for the ultra-speed reply. No BRP as yet, however we did receive a PDF approval attached to an email from the "WorkStudyExternal" email address from the Home Office.

The specific language, which I assume is a template, is:

"Thank you for your application which has now been approved. I am returning the enclosed passport(s) and other documents which you provided in support of your application. Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) will be sent to you under separate cover. If you have not already received it, this should reach you shortly."

I realise the language is rather clear, but I've got this built-in nervousness that I suspect is present in every T1-E extension candidate!
I don't think you need to worry.

It is unusual for this to happen, but congratulations on your extension approval.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

CanadaMan
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by CanadaMan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Thank you very much!

Yes indeed, my immigration advisor also pointed out that he hadn't seen my particular situation before. Nonetheless, we'll proceed by getting in touch with the AR team to point out the approval.

Just a quick shout out to you and all the other admins and contributors on this forum. It's been a huge source of information (and comfort) during my process, especially during the COVID nightmare which caused severe delays in visa processing timelines.

Cheers. :D

Ali313
Newly Registered

Post by Ali313 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:53 pm

Hi , first of all congratulations for your
reconsideration and approval,
could you please let us know the process of email wether it’s a generic email address or specifically mentions on the decision letter ?

As my application has been refused on with Right of appeal , and I lodge the appeal it’s 3 months since I lodged the appeal and no reply until now from the court or HO! I even discussed your case with my solicitor but he seems to be lazy and I’m thinking if I can find out some sort of link so I can send email through another legal advisor to speed up the process.
Thanks