ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Entrepreneur Salary income from abroad

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shabra
Newly Registered
Mood:

T1 Entrepreneur Salary income from abroad

Post by shabra » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Hi

A T1 Entrepreneur can have salary income abroad in a company he is holding 45+ percentage share but not a director?

The guidelines says T1 Entrepreneur should not work for other companies. So directorship is important or shareholding will be enough?

Great if someone can answer

Thanks

marcnath

Re: T1 Entrepreneur Salary income from abroad

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:27 pm

shabra wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:06 pm
Hi

A T1 Entrepreneur can have salary income abroad in a company he is holding 45+ percentage share but not a director?

The guidelines says T1 Entrepreneur should not work for other companies. So directorship is important or shareholding will be enough?

Thanks
That is an interesting question but I don't think HO can regulate what you do outside the country. You definitely don't have rights to work in another employment in the UK and if you are working for the company abroad while you are living in the UK, I suspect that would still be covered as being employed by another business in the UK. You do realise you need to follow all other UK regulations and pay PAYE for that salary?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

snt
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by snt » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 am

shabra wrote:
Hi

Thanks
as far as my understanding goes, HO shouldn't be bothered about it as your other income is out of the UK.

It would rather be interesting to see how HMRC will end up charging taxes on that income :)

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:43 pm

snt wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:35 am
shabra wrote:
Hi

Thanks
as far as my understanding goes, HO shouldn't be bothered about it as your other income is out of the UK.

It would rather be interesting to see how HMRC will end up charging taxes on that income :)
I don't think you are correct in saying HO shouldn't be bothered. There are plenty of cases where HO has taken interest in things that you may think should not impact a Visa application. They have considerable latitude thanks to very broad and undefined clauses like genuineness, compliance to UK laws, etc.

As to how HMRC will end up charging taxes, that is easier. We have the obligation to report it in our Self Assessment and UK taxes worldwide income. There are agreements on information exchange with a lot of countries now, so not reporting it is considerably risky now.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.