ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 visa granted need some help

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ow33
Mood:

T1 visa granted need some help

Post by ow33 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:56 am

Hi,
i was granted t1 visa on 19 sep 2019, i visited uk on 24th sep 19 and collected my BRP card and returned back home after living there for a month on 25th nov 19. I have few questions i can't figure out.

1. As i understand i need to live in the uk for at least 180 days in 12 months that would be from 19sep19 to 18 sep 2020 so on and so forth and i can not be absent from the uk for more than 90 consecutive days. right?
i mean even i spend 180 days straight, still i can not stay outside for more than 90 days right? i hope i am making sense here.

2. We are 2 partners in this visa (myself and my brother). If one of us breaks the immigration rules, will this effect the other partner in getting ILR at later stage?

3. During our stay to collect BRP we have registered a company with both of us as directors and shareholders. We are starting a business together.. BUT i have one more business idea i would need to do on my own. Can i setup a new company just for myself (money to fund this will still come from the same account)? or do we need to be in every business venture together as we are on the same visa application? Our £200K is in our joint account and we will be injecting the money in the company as per the requirement for that venture as we would not want to bound the whole sum in just one business. Can we do that?

any guidance will be much appreciated.
Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: T1 visa granted need some help

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:23 am

1. As i understand i need to live in the uk for at least 180 days in 12 months that would be from 19sep19 to 18 sep 2020 so on and so forth and i can not be absent from the uk for more than 90 consecutive days. right?
i mean even i spend 180 days straight, still i can not stay outside for more than 90 days right? i hope i am making sense here.
There is no min days required for you to live here under the Tier 1E rules. Absence requirements are only to be met if you want to apply for settlement later. That is max 180 days in each residence year.
2. We are 2 partners in this visa (myself and my brother). If one of us breaks the immigration rules, will this effect the other partner in getting ILR at later stage?
No. Your application and visas are separate
3. During our stay to collect BRP we have registered a company with both of us as directors and shareholders. We are starting a business together.. BUT i have one more business idea i would need to do on my own. Can i setup a new company just for myself (money to fund this will still come from the same account)? or do we need to be in every business venture together as we are on the same visa application? Our £200K is in our joint account and we will be injecting the money in the company as per the requirement for that venture as we would not want to bound the whole sum in just one business. Can we do that?
You can start as many business as you like and you do not need to be together in business. Your application and visas are separate and by no means connected :!: The whole point of being part of a team is that you and your team member are simply able to use the same investment and the same job creation evidence in any future visa application (which btw you will have to apply separately). So technically you both need to be directors of the same business to claim and share the investment/jobs created. Otherwise you need to satisfy investment and job creation criteria separately and individually which is not ideal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ow33
Mood:

Post by ow33 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 am

Thank you so much for the replies.. Really helped.

I have few more questions.. During my entry in the uk, i was asked that i need to establish a business within 6 months of my visa start date.. also the immigration officer mentioned that i need to hire full time employee within 6 months as well?

my 6 months period is ending in march.. i already have a company setup.. bank accounts opened.. and will be operational within few weeks.. but my concern is that do i have to hire employees right away?
do we have the restriction of job creation within 6 months as well? as we don't need employees at the moment but will do at a later stage..

also.. Is there any specific requirement on injecting all the money into company account? do we have to transfer all of 200,000 into the company account right now? or we can do it within our 3 year time? as if i inject everything into one company account then we wont be able to work on a second business project.

Please advice.
Much appreciated.
Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:36 pm

There are no such requirements to satisfy in the first 6 month. You must only register as director/self employed in the first 6 months and that is not even a condition of your visa. It is one of the requirements for any future extension under Tier 1E
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ow33
Mood:

Post by ow33 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm

Thanks Zimba.. So for extension the real requirement is to create 2 jobs for continuous 12 months period each in 3 years time of the initial visa? right? irrespective of when they were created.. right?

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:28 am

ow33 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:50 pm
Thanks Zimba.. So for extension the real requirement is to create 2 jobs for continuous 12 months period each in 3 years time of the initial visa? right? irrespective of when they were created.. right?
Correct, but there is no requirement for the jobs to be continuous
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.