ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa

Post by Evicra » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm

Thank you

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

LR Route

Post by Evicra » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:12 pm

i am filling my spouse visa application where i have a question

Q.Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

When she first came in 2010 she had to prove her English for Tier 4 Visa . so here answer will be Yes or No please

marcnath

Re: LR Route

Post by marcnath » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:32 pm

Evicra wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:12 pm
i am filling my spouse visa application where i have a question

Q.Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

When she first came in 2010 she had to prove her English for Tier 4 Visa . so here answer will be Yes or No please
I would logically assume the answer is Yes. Why are you doubtful?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Evicra
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Evicra » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Thank you for your reply. I am doubtful because of the word “Previous” i thought its asking immediately previous visa which was T1 dependent visa that did not have any english requirement.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:46 am

If the question did not specifically put conditions, then answering that is a straightforward one.

Having said that, answering Yes does not mean you meet the conditions automatically. It is your responsibility to confirm that the eligibility is met.

Immigration rules (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... endix-koll) set the requirements as follows:

(b) the applicant-
(i) has limited leave to enter or remain in the UK, and
(ii) that leave (or a grant of leave which preceded it provided any periods of leave since have been unbroken) was given on the basis that the applicant had an English language qualification at a minimum level of B1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
(iii) at the date of application, the provider of that qualification continues to be approved by the Secretary of State.

So
1) your dependant should not have had any break in leave since the Tier4
2) the qualification used at that time should still be on the approved list now.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.