ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Ent Dependent Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asimkfarooq

Tier-1 Ent Dependent Extension

Post by asimkfarooq » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:01 pm

Hello Admin,

I have few Qs regarding Tier-1 Ent Dependent Visa Extension of my Spouse.
I was on Tier-1 Ent Visa (March 2014 to Sept 2019) and then ILR in Jan 2020 and Naturalization in Mar 2021.

My Qs are:
  • My Spouse has completed 3 years + 11 months in the UK (Feb 2019 to Jan 2023), they technically need 1 year and 1 month for their ILR, do we still have to apply for 3 years T-1 Ent Dependent Visa Extension?
  • On the Visa form, under section: ''Person you are joining or accompanying'' - It is asking for Nationality, Passport Number, BRP Card Number. So Should I put My Nationality here as British and Passport Number as British Passport Number and BRP Card Number as ILR Card Number or Last Tier-1 Ent Extension Card Number?
  • Under IHS Section, it is asking for Accompanying Person (Me) BRP Card Number. Should I put BRP Card Number as ILR Card Number or Last Tier-1 Ent Extension BRP Card Number?
  • Under IHS Section, it is asking for Accompanying Person (Me) BRP Expiry Date. Should we put Expiry date as 3 years from current expiry date of my Spouse Dependent Visa so we get 3 years fee of £1872?
Waiting for your reply. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-1 Ent Dependent Extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:06 pm

• My Spouse has completed 3 years + 11 months in the UK (Feb 2019 to Jan 2023), they technically need 1 year and 1 month for their ILR, do we still have to apply for 3 years T-1 Ent Dependent Visa Extension?
Yes, you cannot apply for less time. The immigration rules state it will be a 3 year extension if the main PBS migrant gets ILR/citizenship. UKVI have no discretion to change what the rule state.
  • On the Visa form, under section: ''Person you are joining or accompanying'' - It is asking for Nationality, Passport Number, BRP Card Number. So Should I put My Nationality here as British and Passport Number as British Passport Number and BRP Card Number as ILR Card Number or Last Tier-1 Ent Extension Card Number?
Likely ILR. It doesn't matter too much.
  • Under IHS Section, it is asking for Accompanying Person (Me) BRP Card Number. Should I put BRP Card Number as ILR Card Number or Last Tier-1 Ent Extension BRP Card Number?
ILR BRP number.
  • Under IHS Section, it is asking for Accompanying Person (Me) BRP Expiry Date. Should we put Expiry date as 3 years from current expiry date of my Spouse Dependent Visa so we get 3 years fee of £1872?
Yes, a date ending 3 years ahead from date you will submit the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asimkfarooq

Post by asimkfarooq » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:30 pm

Thank you CR001 for your reply.

So In the main form I did put BRP Card Number as ILR Number, so thank you for confirming that.

In IHS section, I put expiry date of Accompanying Person (Me) BRP as 3 years from now which is also correct as you confirmed that it will help get the 3 years IHS fee of £1872.

But in IHS section, where it is asking for Accompanying Person (Me) BRP Card Number. I somehow put Last Tier-1 Ent Extension BRP Card Number and confirmed it. Now it is not letting me change it to ILR BRP Card Number. So on main form, ILR BRP Card Number is mentioned and in IHS section, Last Tier-1 Ent Extension BRP Card Number is mentioned. Do I need to fill the whole form again to align it or asking for BRP Card Number is not much relevant as I have correctly put 3 years from now so to pay 3 years of IHS? Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:34 pm

It doesn't matter for only the IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asimkfarooq

Post by asimkfarooq » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:36 pm

Thank you CR001. Much Appreciated.

I will proceed with the application then. Cheers

asimkfarooq

Post by asimkfarooq » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:50 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:06 pm
Yes, you cannot apply for less time. The immigration rules state it will be a 3 year extension if the main PBS migrant gets ILR/citizenship. UKVI have no discretion to change what the rule state.
Likely ILR. It doesn't matter too much.
ILR BRP number.
Yes, a date ending 3 years ahead from date you will submit the application.

Hi CR001 & Admins,

I applied for my spouse T-1 Dependent Extension on 7th Jan 2023 and then bio-metrics given on 17th Jan.

We are still awaiting reply, official timeline says 8 weeks.

So is it 8 weeks from date of application or date of bio-metrics?

Also I know 2-3 people who got their T-1 Dependent Extension in 2-3 days. Mine has been over a month and awaiting reply. Is it ok?

Regards

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:07 am

Each case is unique so don't use others as benchmark.

Generally it should be straightforward and there is no need to get worried about it.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.