ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - 50,000 GBP - Venture Capital route

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haider Manch
Newly Registered
Iraq

Tier 1 Entrepreneur - 50,000 GBP - Venture Capital route

Post by Haider Manch » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 am

HI
I want to ask question, I got visa through (£50k- venture capital firm) and the venture capital says they do not have fund to support my business, what should I do please I need some help...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur - 50,000 GBP - Venture Capital route

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:20 am

Please do not tag your question onto other members topics. I split your post to its own topic (this one), stick to this thread and wait for members to respond.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:17 pm

Haider Manch wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:47 am
HI
I want to ask question, I got visa through (£50k- venture capital firm) and the venture capital says they do not have fund to support my business, what should I do please I need some help...
The best would be find a new VC.

Also talk to an immigration professional.

My personal reading of the immigration rules is that you should qualify for an extension if you invest the money yourself, even if your initial application was VC based.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Haider Manch
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Haider Manch » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 pm

thank you marcnath
but it is difficult to find a new VC. I read many cases on this website about people who got the Visa and the VC did not fund their business, some of them used their fund , but I do not know their extension application refused or not, so, is it possible to use personal money or take loan for £50 K from third party?? :( :(

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Haider Manch wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:43 pm
thank you marcnath
but it is difficult to find a new VC. I read many cases on this website about people who got the Visa and the VC did not fund their business, some of them used their fund , but I do not know their extension application refused or not, so, is it possible to use personal money or take loan for £50 K from third party?? :( :(
As I mentioned earlier there is nothing in the immigration rules that seem to insist upon the funding coming from the VC. The rules only specify what evidence you need to submit depending on the type of funding.
I haven't seen any posts of people who have been successful with own funding but I haven't seen any of people refused for using own funding either.

I personally believe it is ok but you may need to be prepared to fight that in court, hence my suggestion to consult a professional. I think HO made a mistake when they wrote he rules but that is to your advantage now.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Haider Manch
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Haider Manch » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:30 pm

Thank you marcnath