ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa extension: still waiting on the decision, what are my options?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kelly234
Newly Registered

Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa extension: still waiting on the decision, what are my options?

Post by kelly234 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:50 am

Hello everyone,

Hope someone could help me.

My husband and myself have been waiting for our visa application decision (tier1 entrepreneur extension and tier 1 dependent extension) since January this year, which is a long time.
I've decided to leave next month to visit my family and get some mental support from them.
My plan is to go back home and stay there until my husband receive his tier 1 extension so I will be able to apply form home.
Question1: Will I have any problems with that? withdrawing my application now and then applying from abroad?

Another option could be to apply for tourist visa from home and visit my husband while he is waiting for his tier 1 extension. We are expecting a baby in April and I would like to give birth here in the UK even if my husband won't have his tier 1 ext by then.

Question 2: Will I have any problems applying for tourist visa from home?

Look forward to your replies!

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa extension: still waiting on the decision, what are my options?

Post by marcnath » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 am

kelly234 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:50 am
Hello everyone,

Hope someone could help me.

My husband and myself have been waiting for our visa application decision (tier1 entrepreneur extension and tier 1 dependent extension) since January this year, which is a long time.
I've decided to leave next month to visit my family and get some mental support from them.
My plan is to go back home and stay there until my husband receive his tier 1 extension so I will be able to apply form home.
Question1: Will I have any problems with that? withdrawing my application now and then applying from abroad?

Another option could be to apply for tourist visa from home and visit my husband while he is waiting for his tier 1 extension. We are expecting a baby in April and I would like to give birth here in the UK even if my husband won't have his tier 1 ext by then.

Question 2: Will I have any problems applying for tourist visa from home?

Look forward to your replies!
1. No, there shouldn't be
2. Is more challenging. How do you plan to give birth while on tourist visa - you know you can't avail NHS. And yes, they may refuse your tourist visa on the probability that you may not go back.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

kelly234
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 entrepreneur dependent visa extension: still waiting on the decision, what are my options?

Post by kelly234 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

I know that I won't be able to use NHS, our option would be childbirth at private clinic if I wouldn't be able to get my tier 1 dependent visa by that time.

Thanks a lot again for getting back to me, I will think again about my best option for now.

Also, we've been waiting for our visa since January, from your experience when do you think approximately we can get a decision or it is completely random?