ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
rajrea
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: UK
Mood:
India

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by rajrea » Wed May 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi All,

One of my friend is on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and he got married recently and wants to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent visa for his wife. She is currently in India and wants to apply from there.

Now he was confused about one thing - The consultancy man in India said that " Her dependent needs to obtain a police clearance certificate for last one year in order to apply for dependent Visa "

But I haven't seen any such rule for Tier 1 Dependants in policy guidance and conveyed same to him.

So can you guys please confirm that is there any such requirement for dependents applying from outside UK.

So far he has got below documents checklist:

1. Duly completed Application form;
2. Dependent Original Passport & passport sized colour photograph;
3. Sponsorship Declaration from main applicant;
4. Copy of Passport & Biometric Card main applicant;
5. Original Marriage Certificate;
6. Wedding pictures including family group;
7. up-to-date original personal bank statements for maintenance covering more than previous 3 Months;
8. Letter from main applicant's Accountant/ pay slips;
9. Original Tenancy Agreement and Housing – accommodation certificate – fitness;
10. Incorporation Certificate and latest CAR

So Gurus please suggest your thoughts

kingraja
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by kingraja » Wed May 31, 2017 9:50 pm

Don't forget to add criminal record certificate from the country where she is applying, recently one of my friend's wife got rejection due to this.
rajathegreat

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5974
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:36 am

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members

Very clear :

Adult family members must provide a criminal record certificate from any country they have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

rajrea
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: UK
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by rajrea » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:45 am

marcnath wrote:https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members

Very clear :

Adult family members must provide a criminal record certificate from any country they have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

Hi Marcnath,

It was mentioned on the above link but in the Policy guidance it clearly says it was only for Tier-2 dependents and for selected Tier 2 applicants applying outside uk
Check here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

Thats the reason I'm not sure

rajrea
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 pm
Location: UK
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by rajrea » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 am

kingraja wrote:Don't forget to add criminal record certificate from the country where she is applying, recently one of my friend's wife got rejection due to this.

Hi Kingraja,

As I already mentioned she was in India and planning to apply from India.

Can I Know about your friend's wife visa rejection - Did she applied from India as a Tier 1 dependent ?

As I see criminal record certificate is only for Tier-2 dependents in the policy guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5974
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by marcnath » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:40 am

rajrea wrote:
marcnath wrote:https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members

Very clear :

Adult family members must provide a criminal record certificate from any country they have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

Hi Marcnath,

It was mentioned on the above link but in the Policy guidance it clearly says it was only for Tier-2 dependents and for selected Tier 2 applicants applying outside uk
Check here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

Thats the reason I'm not sure
If you read it carefully, this only talks about plans to "extend the requirement". I am not sure how you can read it as ONLY Tier2.

Requirement for Tier 1 and dependents has been in place since 2015

kingraja
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by kingraja » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:59 am

rajrea wrote:
kingraja wrote:Don't forget to add criminal record certificate from the country where she is applying, recently one of my friend's wife got rejection due to this.

Hi Kingraja,

As I already mentioned she was in India and planning to apply from India.

Can I Know about your friend's wife visa rejection - Did she applied from India as a Tier 1 dependent ?

As I see criminal record certificate is only for Tier-2 dependents in the policy guidance https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

Please let me know if I'm wrong.
She applied under tier 1 entrepreneur dependent category from Pakistan & rejection reason was only not submitting the criminal record certificate.
rajathegreat

Mak9878
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:37 pm
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependent Visa outside UK

Post by Mak9878 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:27 pm

rajrea wrote:Hi All,

One of my friend is on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and he got married recently and wants to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependent visa for his wife. She is currently in India and wants to apply from there.

Now he was confused about one thing - The consultancy man in India said that " Her dependent needs to obtain a police clearance certificate for last one year in order to apply for dependent Visa "

But I haven't seen any such rule for Tier 1 Dependants in policy guidance and conveyed same to him.

So can you guys please confirm that is there any such requirement for dependents applying from outside UK.

So far he has got below documents checklist:

1. Duly completed Application form;
2. Dependent Original Passport & passport sized colour photograph;
3. Sponsorship Declaration from main applicant;
4. Copy of Passport & Biometric Card main applicant;
5. Original Marriage Certificate;
6. Wedding pictures including family group;
7. up-to-date original personal bank statements for maintenance covering more than previous 3 Months;
8. Letter from main applicant's Accountant/ pay slips;
9. Original Tenancy Agreement and Housing – accommodation certificate – fitness;
10. Incorporation Certificate and latest CAR

So Gurus please suggest your thoughts
How much maintenance funds your fried is showing? is it £630 or £1890 for dependent?

Locked
cron