ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yhdil

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time (Extension Applications ONLY)

Post by yhdil » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi Fellows,

could you guys kindly share the application processing time for the mentioned catagory.

I made application on 9th Feb, 2011
Payment Deducted on 13th Feb, 2011
Acknowledgement Letter Recieved on 20th Feb, 2011

After that no News

How long does it take to recieve Biometric Invitation ?

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi

Most of the wait is for biometrics invitation letter.

I've been waiting for it for about 5-6 weeks!

Then you need to book appointment.

I applied for this visa about 2 months ago, attended biometrics about a week ago. I think they will review my application during this week. They process this visas quite quickly but only AFTER you passed biometrics. It take from 2 days to two months to receive biometrics letter (based on other forum messages). I've been waiting for quite a while to receive this letter and then the nearest appointment for biometrics was about 3 weeks away!

So, in total, I think I will be lucky if I get it after two and half months, if lucky...

Good luck! :wink:

rehman981
Newly Registered

Post by rehman981 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:28 am

I applied my Entrepreneur visa last year in september. I'm still waiting for my visa. It's 6 months and 1 week now. Have you received your visa or still waiting?
Rehman
JohnM wrote:Hi
Most of the wait is for biometrics invitation letter.

I've been waiting for it for about 5-6 weeks!

Then you need to book appointment.

I applied for this visa about 2 months ago, attended biometrics about a week ago. I think they will review my application during this week. They process this visas quite quickly but only AFTER you passed biometrics. It take from 2 days to two months to receive biometrics letter (based on other forum messages). I've been waiting for quite a while to receive this letter and then the nearest appointment for biometrics was about 3 weeks away!

So, in total, I think I will be lucky if I get it after two and half months, if lucky...

Good luck! :wink:

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

No, I haven't received it yet. But I expect to receive it very soon.

I find it very strange that you applied half a year ago and still no visa.

When did you pass biometrics? Did you apply from inside or outside UK?

If you applied from inside UK, you should have received it, based on processing times they give on UKBA website.

thati
Newly Registered

Post by thati » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 pm

I have applied for tier1 entrepreneur visa on 1st Feb 2012

acknowledgement and biometric letter recieved on same day 11 feb 2012

biometrics given on 15 feb 2012

still i am waiting for result... how long i dont know???????????????

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Strange. I did not realize UKBA is so different to processing times on the website. They usually reflect the reality. Now I'm not sure if I get my visa very soon... :cry:

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:06 pm

thati wrote:I have applied for tier1 entrepreneur visa on 1st Feb 2012

acknowledgement and biometric letter recieved on same day 11 feb 2012

biometrics given on 15 feb 2012

still i am waiting for result... how long i dont know???????????????
LOL and today UKBA site states that they are considering the cases for individuals who have done biomatrics before 01 March. few days back, they were considering the cases prior to 26th of Feb.

People applying from outside are getting outcomes within 4 weeks but inside applicants are waiting for ages. Probably more of pressure from Olympaics and loads of students switch in these months too

kirandb
Newly Registered

Post by kirandb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi

I applied 18 th Jan .. took biometric on 31st Jan.

still waiting for the reply. its almost 2 months now.

Any idea why its taking this long ???

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 pm

kirandb wrote: I applied 18 th Jan .. took biometric on 31st Jan.
I applied on 10 January. Still waiting.

I hope it will arrive soon. But after reading other posts I'm not so sure.

I think they mean that it is about 4 weeks for 75% after timeline given in processing times. But then you should have received it (I passed biometrics later). They probably overloaded. I hope it won't be huge delay.

I think it's good idea if people will write here their waiting times, so that we support each other! :)

kirandb
Newly Registered

Post by kirandb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:56 am

did you apply inside UK ? Does delay relate to something wrong with the documents ??

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 am

did you apply inside UK ? Does delay relate to something wrong with the documents ??
I applied inside UK. It's not really a delay yet because if I receive it this week or next week, it would be in line with processing times more or less.

I don't have any problems with documents, at least so far, I did not receive any requests or letters about any problems from UKBA and I think I made correct application.

What about you?

kirandb
Newly Registered

Post by kirandb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 am

I applied inside Uk as well. But my funds are in my dad's name back in India.
Untill now the banks didnt get any calls or any request for further documents.
I am bit worried about my business , as few contracts required my eligibility to stay here.

Does it normally take 8 weeks after biometric ?? Are you from India ?

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 pm

No, I'm not from India. All my funds are based in UK bank on one account.

I'm not exactly sure how long time does it take. They have processing times on the website. http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas- ... tingtimes/

Now it is written there
We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 1 March.
Last week it was written that they consider applications who gave biometrics a week earlier.

Then it is written there:
For applications made inside the UK under Tier 1 of the points-based system, the standard is that we will decide 75 per cent of applications within 4 weeks.
I think it means that 75% should expect to receive visa maximum in 4 weeks after their date got into processing time paragraph.

But then there is still other 25%.

So it's hard to say. Some people get it very fast others much slower. I think UKBA is overloaded now anyway. I consider my application very straightforward and still it's already more than two months. But it's still only about 3 weeks passed since I gave biometrics. Because I had to wait about 3 weeks for biometrics invitation letter and then another 3 week or so for closest appointment.

I think it happens because there are less people working in UKBA now and also because general attitude to immigration changed to almost red light.

We will get visas but it is painfully slow at the moment. On the other hand, I have strong feeling that in several years time, there will be even less opportunities to immigrate to UK.

I think it would be great if people would post their waiting times here, there are not that many applications in this category and we need to help each other. :)

I am bit worried about my business , as few contracts required my eligibility to stay here.
I'm in the same boat, I try to do successful business while I do not even have my passport. (I'm legally allowed to do it because I have dependant visa at the moment) It can be very frustrating. But I guess this is kind of tax we pay for making life changing decisions. I think British passport is totally worth it. :wink:

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Got visa today!

Well, it's approval letter which came today. Residence permit will arrive within a week, it's written in the letter.

I sent my application by Special Delivery on 9th January. Applied from UK, all funds were in UK bank. :D

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:33 am

JohnM wrote:Got visa today!

Well, it's approval letter which came today. Residence permit will arrive within a week, it's written in the letter.

I sent my application by Special Delivery on 9th January. Applied from UK, all funds were in UK bank. :D
Congrats Dear, sign of relief for you at least :)

Could you kindly tell me that exactly after how many days did you recieve your Biometric Letter? I have been running through 5th Week and havn't got one yet :(

kirandb
Newly Registered

Post by kirandb » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:30 am

Congrats John ... Good luck for your future.

Still waiting for the response . its been 9 weeks after my applications and 7 weeks since my biometric :(

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 pm

its been 9 weeks after my applications and 7 weeks since my biometric
Well, takes quite a while...

Did you apply from UK? Was it straightforward application?

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Could you kindly tell me that exactly after how many days did you recieve your Biometric Letter? I have been running through 5th Week and havn't got one yet
I waited for 6 weeks.

They are very slow at this stage. Be patient, there is nothing you can do right now. It should arrive soon.

sabir111

waiting from last 6 month

Post by sabir111 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:46 am

hello

I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa on 28 Sep 2011, i did my Biometrics on 10 oct 2011, i applied in the UK, any one have any idea, how long its take time?
I got an emergence in back home, i want to go as soon as possible.

i send them a letter, the saying its under process. every time i call the say its under process...

help me guys
:(

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 am

hello

I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa on 28 Sep 2011, i did my Biometrics on 10 oct 2011, i applied in the UK, how long its take time?

i send them a letter, the saying its under process. every time i call the say its under process...

DID You receive your Visa??

sabir111

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Processing Time

Post by sabir111 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:50 am

hello

I applied for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa on 28 Sep 2011, i did my Biometrics on 10 oct 2011, i applied in the UK, how long its take time?

Did you receive your visa?

Please give some advice

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:51 am

i send them a letter, the saying its under process. every time i call them, they say its under process...

Please give some advice

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:53 am

Did you receive your visa?

Please give some advice

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Wow thats long wait man. Must be stressing the hell out of you!

As far as I know, most of the times when application gets delayed are when the response of the verification is awfully slow or no response at all from the verification end!

You must have used Third Party fundings which must have been based outside the UK.

You don't need to panic as long as everything is genuine. But sadly you can't move outside the country unless you withdraw your application!

sabir111

Post by sabir111 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:58 am

I am really tied from this,, i am thinking to withdraw the application,
the Money is not in third party account, is in my account. But i don't understand whats going on. I call them so many time the saying under process. My local MP also call them many time saying the same shit..

If i did receive any replay in this week then i will withdraw the application....
this is just wasting of time,, last three month i am just waiting for this..