ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, awaiting for 1 year 2 months

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vc280
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, awaiting for 1 year 2 months

Post by vc280 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing good.
I and my friend (Business partner) applied for tier one entrepreneur visa on 12 June 2017. We received the request for Biometrics and it was successfully sent back, also a complex letter was issued.
We have been waiting ever since. The money 200K is in our both joint bank accounts. We did call HO multiple times and all they say is they will get back and finally, a standard letter is sent saying " We got to wait".
Our solicitor asked to contact the local MP, which we did and MP contacted the HO on behalf of us. Still, it's the same news.

Is anyone else in the same situation at all? What are your timelines like?
Is there anyway, we can at least know what is going on.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Many thanks
Vish

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, awaiting for 1 year 2 months

Post by sm12 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm

You've applied for the initial permit?
What category are you switching from?

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:25 pm

Have you had an interview or IHS refund? If yes, then when?

vc280
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vc280 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi

Many thanks for your time

Yes, we applied for the initial permit and we both are switching from Tier 2 work visa.
We didn't have an interview yet or IHS refund. Nor they have requested for an interview.

Many thanks
Vish

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm

All 'Share your experience', 'Timeline requests', 'status updates', 'what is happening' posts etc will be locked :!: These threads will quickly spiral out of control and are difficult to moderate.
As advised numerous times before, you MUST wait to hear back. The waiting times could be quite long for some applicants
You can follow the latest timeline updates here: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... -1940.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm

vc280 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:30 pm
Hi

Many thanks for your time

Yes, we applied for the initial permit and we both are switching from Tier 2 work visa.
We didn't have an interview yet or IHS refund. Nor they have requested for an interview.

Many thanks
Vish
How long were you on Tier 2 work permit for?
If its up to 5 years now, is it possible to vary to ILR via work permit as I believe you are still under tier 2 terms while waiting for a decision

Also when is your 10 year due?

vc280
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vc280 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:33 pm

I applied for Tier 2 after switching from student visa staying here for 4 years. However, once I switch I had to apply for Tier 1 as the business opportunity was right at my door. So I had to make a jump and applied for Tier 1. In fact, I didn't work in the company itself, I had to resign the job after 3 months and concentrate on making Tier 1 application.

Yes, I am under Tier 2 while waiting for the Tier1 decision. I am in the UK for 5 year and 9months as of now, so Ten years will be 4 years and 3 months left.

My timeline

Applied on 10th June 2017
BRP letter received 19th June 2017
Complex letter received 28th June 2017
Solicitor contacted HO 20th Feb 2018
Local MP contacted 13th April 2018

Awaiting for all rest.

Also, another question we had was are you allowed to be director or shareholder of a business while you have applied for Tier 1 but staying under Tier 2 terms? What are the implications? Solicitors have all different opinion. some say Yes, Some say NO.

Appreciate everyone's help and advice.

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm

You cannot be paid or work for anyone until your status is changed. Your Tier 2 visa conditions are extended until your status is changed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:24 pm

vc280 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Also, another question we had was are you allowed to be director or shareholder of a business while you have applied for Tier 1 but staying under Tier 2 terms? What are the implications? Solicitors have all different opinion. some say Yes, Some say NO.
You can be a shareholder and a director. But you can't be on the payroll and rightfully you should not work for the business. However, you can volunteer :-)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:14 pm

VC 280,
one of my friend (two partners) have been waiting for one year , both were interviewed last week , no partial refund so far! so u need to wait ..
Best Regards

Rockey

vc280
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vc280 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Good luck with your application. Please let know of any updates.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:48 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm
All 'Share your experience', 'Timeline requests', 'status updates', 'what is happening' posts etc will be locked :!: These threads will quickly spiral out of control and are difficult to moderate.
As advised numerous times before, you MUST wait to hear back. The waiting times could be quite long for some applicants
You can follow the latest timeline updates here: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... -1940.html