Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Help Needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Help Needed

Post by virgouk31 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello,

I am in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (£200 k route). I applied for my extension in April 2018 and haven't heard from HO yet. No complex letter or nothing else. In my documents i showed that i have invested in a clothing business and a mobile phone business. I have got 2 shops. The clothing shop is not doing well and i am not able to give it more time because of some new businesses, i want to ask if i sell the clothing shop now, will it affect my visa extension? I have made an online clothing store and thinking of selling the shop and run the business online only.
The mobile shop is still running and i am starting a web development business there soon as well.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thanks.

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa. Help Needed

Post by marcnath » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:25 pm

virgouk31 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 pm
Hello,

I am in the UK on Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa (£200 k route). I applied for my extension in April 2018 and haven't heard from HO yet. No complex letter or nothing else. In my documents i showed that i have invested in a clothing business and a mobile phone business. I have got 2 shops. The clothing shop is not doing well and i am not able to give it more time because of some new businesses, i want to ask if i sell the clothing shop now, will it affect my visa extension? I have made an online clothing store and thinking of selling the shop and run the business online only.
The mobile shop is still running and i am starting a web development business there soon as well.

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thanks.
You can freely change your business as much as you want
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am just worried because they haven't replied me on my case yet and its been 10 months, 2 employees are still working in the clothing shop, also if they go for an interview, they may question you sent us documents and investment of the clothing shop which is closed and it may create problems with my visa extension which is pending with HO.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:07 pm

virgouk31 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I am just worried because they haven't replied me on my case yet and its been 10 months, 2 employees are still working in the clothing shop, also if they go for an interview, they may question you sent us documents and investment of the clothing shop which is closed and it may create problems with my visa extension which is pending with HO.
Yes, sure they may question you. But I can't see how, under the immigration rules, they can refuse you because of your decisions on how best to conduct your business.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

virgouk31
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by virgouk31 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Thank you for the help. Really appreciate that

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 pm

If possible don't close the business.
You have run the clothing business for so long now when you are almost there why rock the boat.
As per rules they cannot object but it does raise eyebrows and you don't want that at this stage.