ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 am

My Timeline:
Application submitted 27/02/2017
Biometrics done 17/03/2017
Complex Letter Received 29/03/2017

Hi,

I have two queries, would appreciate your assistance:

I was granted a Tier 1 visa from overseas in Nov 2013 when i visited once but only moved to UK in Feb 2014 to form the company and moved permanently in July 2014 since we could not sell our business there in time, to start looking for a restaurant in London. Unfortunately it took us a long time and a couple of failed negotiations and solicitors costs. But finally we were able to meet all the investment criteria of 200K , 2 job creation for 12 months each only in in the last year of our visa. Hope this will not be a drawback for our application decision. Also since there is a huge shortage of chefs in F&B there was a lot of staff turnover but each time we did replace a part time chef with another . Hope all these can be counted in for the job creation.

I am trying to track my application with my case reference number and it says not recognised. Is there any other way to check it?

Thanks & Regards.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 pm

You are covered by transitional arrangements, so a total of or equivalent of 24 months of full time work should be accepted. Also remember that the initial gap in moving to the UK to start your business might affect your continuous period of stay and eligibility for ILR. The online tracking service is a beta service and is not reliable :idea:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Dear Zimba,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Since we have not heard anything from the Home office ever since our application filed in end Feb 2017 and also cant trace our application on the status check as our case id is not recognised, would you advise to write to Home office or just simple wait with fingers crossed. This case id was mentioned on the complex letter sent to us.

I hope as long as we have met all the criteria even though only in the last year of our visa, this should not be a negative point for our renewal. I understand for the ILR we may need to make another extension to fulfil the 5 year stay period of 180 days each.

One more doubt my son was applied as a dependant on my visa in 2013, who was 17 years old then but now he is 21 yrs and has just finished his undergrad from university. Hope his visa will be renewed as a dependant since he is still staying with us and financially dependant on us and not resumed any full time job after his graduation just some internships in the second year.

Would appreciate your guidance and would really like to add this forum is a big help to all the applicants. You are doing some really great service.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:48 pm

Since we have not heard anything from the Home office ever since our application filed in end Feb 2017 and also cant trace our application on the status check as our case id is not recognised, would you advise to write to Home office or just simple wait with fingers crossed. This case id was mentioned on the complex letter sent to us.
They will not give you any updates, so better not wasting your time
One more doubt my son was applied as a dependant on my visa in 2013, who was 17 years old then but now he is 21 yrs and has just finished his undergrad from university. Hope his visa will be renewed as a dependant since he is still staying with us and financially dependant on us and not resumed any full time job after his graduation just some internships in the second year.
He can remain a PBS dependant as long as he is not living an independent life
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Adilj
Pakistan

Post by Adilj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Hello Minnzzy,
I think usually it takes about 6 months on average.

Did you apply ILR via tier 1 ent 5 year route? If yes how about absense were there any above 180 days in one calender year?

I am almost in the similar situation thats why asking

kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Adilj wrote:Hello Minnzzy,
I think usually it takes about 6 months on average.

Did you apply ILR via tier 1 ent 5 year route? If yes how about absense were there any above 180 days in one calender year?

I am almost in the similar situation thats why asking

kind regards
Please continue your questions in your own topic, it is considered rude to tag your questions onto other members threads and it creates confusion. The OP has NOT applied for ILR but a T1 ENT extension and posted about their success.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Adilj
Pakistan

Post by Adilj » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:16 pm

Please accept my appology

Minnzzy
India

URGENT HELP - Home office Visit -Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:35 am

Hi,

Could you please help in providing information as i have just received an email from the home office about their visit on 1st Sep at my restaurant regarding my tier 1 renewal application with them which i filed in end feb 2017?

What all should we prepare for ?

Thanks & Regards.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 am

The approach would be similar to an interview request.

Maybe your high staff turnover triggered some questions about the genuineness of the business.

But I wouldn't worry too much about it. Know your business, know your numbers, know all the documents you submitted well enough. Especially if you used an adviser/solicitor for your application, make sure you know exactly what was submitted and you would be able to answer any questions on those.

Of course, have any additional documents - employment contracts, lease, certifications, etc. ready and accessible if you are asked.

In general, if you have a genuine business ongoing, you should not have to worry too much. They are just doing their job verifying some of the applications in more detail.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:38 am

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

We do not have any employment contracts but yes all payslips, Employee starter forms, Payroll submissions were all filed as per the requirement and all the documents submitted from accountant, accounts, loan agreement, bank statements etc are all scanned and kept in a folder on a computer file with us. Hope all scanned copies of docs should be fine or do i need to keep all the originals as well with me. Will they also be checking our other bills / invoices ? Do i need to keep those also handy since this is more of my renewal application? Yes we would go through all the accounts that were submitted to know the figures. Do i need to prepare my staff as well for any questions as they are coming during our operation time at the restaurant?

We are definitely a genuine business and they can see that as we are doing our VAT submissions as well every quarter.

Any other information we need to take care would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Minnzzy

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:39 pm

minnzzzy good luck for ur interview... i know how u must be feeling as home office started this new thing to go applicants business and investigate.. i dunoo what made them do that.. thr is another user on this forum who got vissa after HO had surprise visit. atlest u have time to prepare.. good luck and we will be waiting for ur experience.. prayers for u

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks a lot. I need the prayers as i am a little nervous being the main applicant.

i am totally involved in the business so i dont think i need to worry a lot but yes to know all the numbers is little taxing. However it seems really strange their visiting my restaurant for an interview.

Lets see will deft share my experience after the interview on friday.

Minnzzy
India

Urgent - Home office Interview for Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 am

Regarding my interview tomorrow please advise if they would interview our staff as well, since someone pointed this out to me.

Would appreciate your urgent assistance.

Regards,
Minnzzy

marcnath

Re: Urgent - Home office Interview for Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 am

Minnzzy wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 am
Regarding my interview tomorrow please advise if they would interview our staff as well, since someone pointed this out to me.

Regards,
Minnzzy
Seems to be a new process so difficult to say.

Legally, I don't think UKVI can just walk up to your workers and ask for anything more than their legal right to work. Anything more would be something that the worker would have to agree to.

But nothing stops them from asking you and your employees if they are willing to answer questions - though I can't imagine what they can ask your employees beyond their right to work and confirmation of the data you have provided in your application (salary, hours, etc.)

They can't deny you points if your employees do not meet up to their expectations on skills, appearance or anything else. The only cause for them would be fraud.

So, again, don't get stressed - from everything you have stated so far, you should be ok.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:30 am

Goood luck minzzyy, hope all goes well today dear, please let us know how it was once ur done and feeel like .

Regards,

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:40 am

Thanks a lot dear.

Sure will share the details post the interview .

Minnzzy
India

Very Urgent - Home office Interview today for Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am

marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 am
Minnzzy wrote:

Regards,
Minnzzy

Legally, I don't think UKVI can just walk up to your workers and ask for anything more than their legal right to work. Anything more would be something that the worker would have to agree to.

But nothing stops them from asking you and your employees if they are willing to answer questions - though I can't imagine what they can ask your employees beyond their right to work and confirmation of the data you have provided in your application (salary, hours, etc.)

They can't deny you points if your employees do not meet up to their expectations on skills, appearance or anything else. The only cause for them would be fraud.

So, again, don't get stressed - from everything you have stated so far, you should be ok.
Hi,

Just had a doubt if you could please clarify. If they ask how much i have invested in the business do i need to mention the amount for which the loan agreement has been submitted 250K before starting the restt or the actual investment in the last 3 years as per the accountants investment summary till 31 Jan 2017 my financial year end including rent, wages, business rates etc. which is over 300K,

Would appreciate a prompt response.
Regards,
Minnzzy

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:49 am

Investment means what total have u put in business.. Spending is what u have paid in rent wages etc.. So u invest 250k .. Loan agreeement . And what time they are coming

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:50 am

Wait for experts reply plz.

marcnath

Re: Very Urgent - Home office Interview today for Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by marcnath » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:10 am

Minnzzy wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am
marcnath wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:45 am
Minnzzy wrote:

Regards,
Minnzzy

Hi,

Just had a doubt if you could please clarify. If they ask how much i have invested in the business do i need to mention the amount for which the loan agreement has been submitted 250K before starting the restt or the actual investment in the last 3 years as per the accountants investment summary till 31 Jan 2017 my financial year end including rent, wages, business rates etc. which is over 300K,

Would appreciate a prompt response.
Regards,
Minnzzy
Easier to stick to facts - so I would go for actual amount invested

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Hello Minnzzy . Hope all is well.
How did the interview go plz, after you finish in case you havent yet?
what questions were you asked?
did you hand over any docs or were you asked to do within certain timeframe??
How many were there interviewing you ?
did they come with a big group in their official vehicle with their logo on it or just in a a vehicle that is common sight?
Did they give you an opportunity to ask any questions at the end? Did they tell you anything after the interview?
Was the interviewer taking notes on laptop /notebook?
plz mate anything you can answer giving as much detail would be appreciated.

Minnzzy
India

URGENT Interview Questionnaire- Tier 1 Extension Application 2017

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:39 pm

Just finished my 4 hour long interview with the officer. It was a big questionnaire of more than 15 pages which he filled in information right from the moment we applied for a Tier 1 , to my educational, business, investment, funding, and wanted to see lots of current documents which i did not have unfortunately so he was happy for me to email them to him. Infact he came one hour early for the interview.

The only negative i felt towards the end was not having written employment contracts, and the fact that i pay the same per hour rate to my Spam porter as was to the chef - national living wage. I dont know how they would treat this ?

He took pics of our restaurant, Spam, checked the current employees passport, asked for latest RTI which i did not have coz i need to ask the accountant to furnish but i emailed him the monthly payslips for the last 6 months, latest bank statements etc. We have 3 full time chefs working at present 130 hrs each per month and 2 EU nationals while i told him i am looking for staff. He took some documents which we had already submitted as well.

I am not sure if they can reject on the basis of no employment contracts and paying the same national hourly rate to all employees as a drawback.

Please advise if should i make employment contracts now and get it signed from the staff and email to him by monday. Would that help?

He said he would file a report by monday to Sheffield and they would email the outcome to me within 2 weeks.

Keeping fingers crossed. I have spent over 350K and will be doomed if my visa is rejected.

Regards,
Minnzzy :(

Minnzzy
India

Post by Minnzzy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Please excuse all the typo errors. I am really exhausted after the interview.

I got a feeling he was trying to assess if we are still running the restaurant business thats why he took pics of the restaurant and interiors and Spam.

Vish79k
Mood:
India

Post by Vish79k » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:09 pm

OMG Thats really long man 4 hours =Totally unfair. It seems very tactical, I wish you all the very best . Thank you for giving an insight. This is the very first of its kind. My no is coming up soon! Iam really dead . I cant go ahead with this if its going to be so powerful.
Thanks

heyaheya
Member of Standing

Post by heyaheya » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Hey minzy, jus take rest, ur fine as far as i can see.. Not having employement contracts is not big deal. Plus how many were they? They were in uniform of immigration enforcement or they were in simple cloths. Were they strict . I dun understand why 4 hours. Omg if they will spend these hours on ppls permises plus going to every applicants place of work. I dunoo how long it is going to take. Maybe 2 years wait. We ppl who are applying in months time are going to wait fo agea i guess. Good luck. Keeep updating us bout ur outcome. May god be with u and all of us.

Regards