ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - Joint account Maintenance funds

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Motabi77
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - Joint account Maintenance funds

Post by Motabi77 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:11 pm

Dear members/admins,

Me and my family have applied for a Tier 1 extension in July 2022. We are still awaiting a decision by the home office.

Although we have already submitted all the documents - the case was as an entrepreneurial team (me and my father) I showcased my own maintenance funds separately with my bank account no problems.

However, my father and I had a joint account and his maintenance funds were showcased in that account as we did not know that it can't be a joint account.

Anyhow before we submitted the application in July - I removed myself from his joint account and got an up to date statement showing that my father and his dependant's maintenance funds are solely under his control. Also we have provided through our solicitors, a cover letter explaining the situation and how we did not know that it can't be showcased in a joint account. In both our accounts there are funds much greater than the minimum required for us and the dependants.

Do you think it will be alright ?

Also to note - does anyone know if July biometric applications (12th July) are being given a decision now ? It has been over 15 weeks for us. We applied in the UK.

Thanks a lot ! :)

marcnath

Re: Tier 1 Extension - Joint account Maintenance funds

Post by marcnath » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:57 pm

Motabi77 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:11 pm
Dear members/admins,

Me and my family have applied for a Tier 1 extension in July 2022. We are still awaiting a decision by the home office.

Although we have already submitted all the documents - the case was as an entrepreneurial team (me and my father) I showcased my own maintenance funds separately with my bank account no problems.

However, my father and I had a joint account and his maintenance funds were showcased in that account as we did not know that it can't be a joint account.

Anyhow before we submitted the application in July - I removed myself from his joint account and got an up to date statement showing that my father and his dependant's maintenance funds are solely under his control. Also we have provided through our solicitors, a cover letter explaining the situation and how we did not know that it can't be showcased in a joint account. In both our accounts there are funds much greater than the minimum required for us and the dependants.

Also to note - does anyone know if July biometric applications (12th July) are being given a decision now ? It has been over 15 weeks for us. We applied in the UK.

It should not be an issue. As far as I am aware, Joint accounts are acceptable for maintenance funds.

But I am confused as to what you had to explain if you had already removed yourself.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:07 pm

Motabi77 wrote:
Dear members/admins,

If 8 weeks have passed from day of biometric you should send a mail to home office and demand a status update (if you have done through solicitor they may have their own contacts)

Motabi77
Newly Registered

Post by Motabi77 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:18 pm

marcnath wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:57 pm
Motabi77 wrote:
Dear members/admins,

It should not be an issue. As far as I am aware, Joint accounts are acceptable for maintenance funds.

But I am confused as to what you had to explain if you had already removed yourself.
Thanks for your response - The only issue my solicitors said it may have is that the joint account for my father was with me (& both of us are in the entrepreneurial team) so the joint account wasn't for him and for example his dependant. Anyhow we supported the application with a cover letter - hope it will be fine.

Thanks

Motabi77
Newly Registered

Post by Motabi77 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:20 pm

HappyChap2021 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:07 pm
Motabi77 wrote:
Dear members/admins,

If 8 weeks have passed from day of biometric you should send a mail to home office and demand a status update (if you have done through solicitor they may have their own contacts)
Thanks for the response, yes we have done so twice ! No reply unfortunately from them whatsoever ! We are still waiting and hope we get the decision very soon (it is now double the standard 8 week processing time) nearly 16 weeks.

Hope for the best,

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:51 am

Best of luck. But they should have given you an answer when you asked about status

Motabi77
Newly Registered

Post by Motabi77 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:03 pm

HappyChap2021 wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:51 am
Best of luck. But they should have given you an answer when you asked about status
Yes indeed - but looks like the home office isn't going by any of their service standard processing times..

I guess the only solution here is to wait - the least they could do is to allow applicants to travel and not go through so much misery !

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:14 am

agreed ! a friend of mine applied last summer and got the extension in 10days. HO could have priortirized the Tier 1 applicants given the program has closed and this is now the last batch applying for extensions. but it seems having 3 different HO minsisters in the past 2 months has compounded the problem :(

Motabi77
Newly Registered

Post by Motabi77 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:26 am

HappyChap2021 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:14 am
agreed ! a friend of mine applied last summer and got the extension in 10days. HO could have priortirized the Tier 1 applicants given the program has closed and this is now the last batch applying for extensions. but it seems having 3 different HO minsisters in the past 2 months has compounded the problem :(
Whatever the issue is - its really saddening - as a lot of people are suffering due to this delay, we can only pray and hope for the processing time to be reduced, all applicants from across the world are on the same boat !