Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
iocam
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 am
Mood:
Vietnam

Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by iocam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 am

About Job Creation

I will have 12 months of full time x2, by the end of first 3 years. Because the leave is 3 years and 3 months. Should I wait till 3 years and 3 months so I have 15 months employment x2 ?

Full time = 130 hours per month (monthly pay)

Full time position 1
-------------------------
Employee 1
Dec 2018 - Nov 2019

Full time position 2
-------------------------
Employee 2
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Employee 3
Jul 2019 - Dec 2019 (1 month to go from now)

Leave to Enter
-------------------------
Start 13 Dec 2016
End 13 Mar 2020

I intend to apply in beginning Jan 2020. is it okay?

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5547
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am

Yes, it is.

What were you doing the 1st two years ?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

iocam
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 am
Mood:
Vietnam

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by iocam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am
Yes, it is.

What were you doing the 1st two years ?
First 2 years are used to set up current business. In summary,

1st year
Month 1-3 I left & returned to UK in Month 3
Month 5 establish the company and register as sole director, sole owner
Month 5-11 home based business, service and online sales. at the same time search for business premise
Month 11 purchased business premise for current business (coffee shop and retail)
...

2nd year
Month 11-18 renovation, online sales, retail continues
Month 19 start the coffee shop, retail business/ online sales, and provide training service in the premise

Month 20-24 4 part time employee but all have issues. Example, proof as settled worker, birth rcertificate only, no passport, two is less than a month. I don't use. anyway I ignore these.

Month 25-36
We have the proper record in the 2 post as mentioned, minimum 130 hours, usu more 133-150

Any problem?

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5547
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by marcnath » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 pm

iocam wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 pm
marcnath wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:56 am
Yes, it is.

What were you doing the 1st two years ?
First 2 years are used to set up current business. In summary,

1st year
Month 1-3 I left & returned to UK in Month 3
Month 5 establish the company and register as sole director, sole owner
Month 5-11 home based business, service and online sales. at the same time search for business premise
Month 11 purchased business premise for current business (coffee shop and retail)
...

2nd year
Month 11-18 renovation, online sales, retail continues
Month 19 start the coffee shop, retail business/ online sales, and provide training service in the premise

Month 20-24 4 part time employee but all have issues. Example, proof as settled worker, birth rcertificate only, no passport, two is less than a month. I don't use. anyway I ignore these.

Month 25-36
We have the proper record in the 2 post as mentioned, minimum 130 hours, usu more 133-150

Any problem?
No problems - you seemed to have a good explanation
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

iocam
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 am
Mood:
Vietnam

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by iocam » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:39 am

marcnath wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 pm
No problems - you seemed to have a good explanation
I understand why you asked. It is reasonable but it does take lots of time to realise. It is juts the fact in UK, things are slow and expensive. From business point of view, if someone challenge and ask why ones do not do faster. Afterall, since I arrived there is Brexit, economy became the worst. Making an investment is more difficult.

Another question

Since job creation in my case is just 12 months. Should I wait one more month and apply extension in Feb 2020?
(my leave is up to 13 Mar 2020.)


Full time position 1
-------------------------
Employee 1
Dec 2018 - Nov 2019

Full time position 2
-------------------------
Employee 2
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Employee 3
Jul 2019 - Dec 2019 (1 month to go from now, so it is not yet certain, though it should be...)

john2030
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:30 pm
Brazil

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by john2030 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:04 pm

iocam wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:39 am
marcnath wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 pm
No problems - you seemed to have a good explanation
I understand why you asked. It is reasonable but it does take lots of time to realise. It is juts the fact in UK, things are slow and expensive. From business point of view, if someone challenge and ask why ones do not do faster. Afterall, since I arrived there is Brexit, economy became the worst. Making an investment is more difficult.

Another question

Since job creation in my case is just 12 months. Should I wait one more month and apply extension in Feb 2020?
(my leave is up to 13 Mar 2020.)


Full time position 1
-------------------------
Employee 1
Dec 2018 - Nov 2019

Full time position 2
-------------------------
Employee 2
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Employee 3
Jul 2019 - Dec 2019 (1 month to go from now, so it is not yet certain, though it should be...)
just a request to keep us posted on the outcome of the extension once you get it as i plan similar timelines for my business

iocam
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 am
Mood:
Vietnam

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by iocam » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:28 am

john2030 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:04 pm
just a request to keep us posted on the outcome of the extension once you get it as i plan similar timelines for my business
Hi John, sure I will udpate the result of my extension application. I still have a lot of question myself, working hard on it. If at the end I can help I will surely do.

iocam
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 am
Mood:
Vietnam

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by iocam » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 pm

iocam wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:39 am
Another question

Since job creation in my case is just 12 months. Should I wait one more month and apply extension in Feb 2020?
(my leave is up to 13 Mar 2020.)


Full time position 1
-------------------------
Employee 1
Dec 2018 - Nov 2019

Full time position 2
-------------------------
Employee 2
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Employee 3
Jul 2019 - Dec 2019 (1 month to go from now, so it is not yet certain, though it should be...)
Hi senior and everyone,

If anyone can help and advise if I should apply after having 13 months of 2 full time position, instead of 12 months.

I ask this because I don't know if case worker is very strict and do not consider any 1 of the 12 months job creation. I can apply next month and visa last to March 2020. So I can have 12 month x2 post in Jan 2010, I have 13 months x2 post in Feb 2020.

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5547
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Tier 1 job creation - for extension application

Post by marcnath » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:40 pm

iocam wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 pm
iocam wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:39 am
Another question

Since job creation in my case is just 12 months. Should I wait one more month and apply extension in Feb 2020?
(my leave is up to 13 Mar 2020.)


Full time position 1
-------------------------
Employee 1
Dec 2018 - Nov 2019

Full time position 2
-------------------------
Employee 2
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Employee 3
Jul 2019 - Dec 2019 (1 month to go from now, so it is not yet certain, though it should be...)
Hi senior and everyone,

If anyone can help and advise if I should apply after having 13 months of 2 full time position, instead of 12 months.

I ask this because I don't know if case worker is very strict and do not consider any 1 of the 12 months job creation. I can apply next month and visa last to March 2020. So I can have 12 month x2 post in Jan 2010, I have 13 months x2 post in Feb 2020.
There is no requirement that you should apply immediately after you get 12 months of job creation. In fact, there is no advantage to doing that at all.

Remember your 2 year extension period starts from the date the extension is granted. So make sure that, in case your application is approved very quick, you will still complete 5 years by the end of the extension visa.

If you are confident about meeting the criteria and all the documents you attach, having 13 month of employment does not give you any advantage - the case work is not going to be more or less strict.

But having one or two months more protects against any mistakes YOU may make - like missing a pay slip, for example.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Post Reply
cron