ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa- how much time to establish company

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

john2030
Newly Registered
Brazil

Tier 1 visa- how much time to establish company

Post by john2030 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:28 pm

I received my TIER 1 ENT visa after long wait. And have an ambitious plan to establish an interior design business, i have noticed quiet some changes in rules, and found the forum very useful (thanks to all involved)

i would appreciated any help i can get on following questions

1: how much time do i have to register my company and hire my first employee? I did the landing in the UK and got my BRB, but wasnt ready to stay as i had lost hope after 6months of wait and had to close my business back home and arrange for next chapter of my life. Is it right to assume i have 6months to establish the company and 12 months to hire my first employee?

2: due to delay of visa, i had to register my kids in school In brazi. how much time do they have to permanently join me in the UK after they first land to get their BRB? Ideally i would need until school year ends in may, but how will this interfere with the 6months absence rule?

3: I am getting the 200,000 investment as a gift from my spouse and this was clearly mentioned when i applied for the visa and i have proof for this. When i will apply for extension after 3 years and 4months, will UKVI ask for source of fund (my spouse is a salaried employee) or will it be enough to just show them the loan agreement under which i received the visa approval.

4: where is the best place to find accountants/solicitors who i can hire on a retention basis to make sure when the time comes, all papers are in order (i have seen some sad stories in the forum are mainly due of lack of understanding of the rules)

any help on above are really appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 visa- how much time to establish company

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

1: how much time do i have to register my company and hire my first employee? I did the landing in the UK and got my BRB, but wasnt ready to stay as i had lost hope after 6months of wait and had to close my business back home and arrange for next chapter of my life. Is it right to assume i have 6months to establish the company and 12 months to hire my first employee?
This is the requirement of getting an extension. You should register as self employed or director of a UK business within 6 months of first entry to the UK. There is no restriction on when you hire your employee. I suggest you to read the Tier 1E guide !!
2: due to delay of visa, i had to register my kids in school In brazi. how much time do they have to permanently join me in the UK after they first land to get their BRB? Ideally i would need until school year ends in may, but how will this interfere with the 6months absence rule?
There is no absence rule under Tier 1E :? Only settlement has absence requirements
3: I am getting the 200,000 investment as a gift from my spouse and this was clearly mentioned when i applied for the visa and i have proof for this. When i will apply for extension after 3 years and 4months, will UKVI ask for source of fund (my spouse is a salaried employee) or will it be enough to just show them the loan agreement under which i received the visa approval.
Read the Tier 1E guide carefully. All explained there
4: where is the best place to find accountants/solicitors who i can hire on a retention basis to make sure when the time comes, all papers are in order (i have seen some sad stories in the forum are mainly due of lack of understanding of the rules)
It is your responsibility to ensure the papers are in order. I suggest to start reading Tier 1E guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -_0319.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

john2030
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Tier 1 visa- how much time to establish company

Post by john2030 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Thank you Zuma... all questions answered.. appreciated. .

will be back for more :wink: