ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to Standard Visitor to Tier 1 graduate entrepreneur

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexsan7986
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Tier 4 to Standard Visitor to Tier 1 graduate entrepreneur

Post by alexsan7986 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello all!

I studied my Master of Philosophy in the UK on a Tier 4 visa ( I am from Ecuador), it expired and I went back to the UK with a Standard visitor Visa and I participated in some fairs and I set up a limited company during this time. However, a solicitor told me recently that I shouldn’t have started the company cause it might be against of the Standard Visitor rules. On the other hand, I started a process to be endorsed by my former University to apply to a Graduate Entrepreneur Visa but getting the letter is taken longer than I thought and I am not sure if I will be awarded it. On my current situation, if I don’t get the endorsement, could I apply again to and Standard Visitor Business Visa and at least hire people to carry out the activities of my company? and I would like to know if I could apply to a Tier 1 with less funding than 50 000£ or the same using my personal funding?. Could I apply for a Tier 1 Graduate entrepreneur being in the United Kingdom while I am there on a Standard Visitor Visa? Thank you for any suggestion or comment

marcnath

Re: Tier 4 to Standard Visitor to Tier 1 graduate entrepreneur

Post by marcnath » Mon May 07, 2018 5:46 am

alexsan7986 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:30 pm
Hello all!

I studied my Master of Philosophy in the UK on a Tier 4 visa ( I am from Ecuador), it expired and I went back to the UK with a Standard visitor Visa and I participated in some fairs and I set up a limited company during this time. However, a solicitor told me recently that I shouldn’t have started the company cause it might be against of the Standard Visitor rules. On the other hand, I started a process to be endorsed by my former University to apply to a Graduate Entrepreneur Visa but getting the letter is taken longer than I thought and I am not sure if I will be awarded it. On my current situation, if I don’t get the endorsement, could I apply again to and Standard Visitor Business Visa and at least hire people to carry out the activities of my company? and I would like to know if I could apply to a Tier 1 with less funding than 50 000£ or the same using my personal funding?. Could I apply for a Tier 1 Graduate entrepreneur being in the United Kingdom while I am there on a Standard Visitor Visa? Thank you for any suggestion or comment
Since UK now has only one type of visit Visa, what activities you do when you visiting depends on what you specified when applying. So, if you applied with the purpose of tourism and did business related activities, that may have violated the terms. However, depending on what you did, it may not be a major issue.

But if you are planning to do this, apply as a prospective entrepreneur. Your possible activities are still limited but at least it would be clearer. You can also switch (apply within the UK) for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa if you are here as a prospective entrepreneur.

You can't switch to T1 GE from a standard visa. You need to apply from outside.

With personal funding, your only route available is the 200K route.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.