ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Extension - Proof of Investment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hengyhk88
Newly Registered
Malaysia

UK Tier 1 Extension - Proof of Investment

Post by hengyhk88 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Dear Forum Members;

Seeking advice.
My UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa expiry date is 15 June 2018. I was looking at guidance documents on Tier 1 for extension but could not find any advice when i should submit my extension application. Should this be 30 days before expiry or much earlier? Where can i find the relevant timeline advice to apply for extension. Thanks in advance. :?: :?: :?:

zimba
Mood:

Re: UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Extension Dateline

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:35 pm

There is no set time. My suggestion is to apply a one or two weeks before visa expiry
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hengyhk88
Newly Registered
Malaysia

UK Tier 1 Extension - Prove of Investment

Post by hengyhk88 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 am

Dear Forum Members

Seeking an advice from experience forum members. I am due to extend my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.
I have over the past 3 years transferred and utilised my £ 200K investment into my business. For extension application, what will be needed to show that i have invested £200K. Will the bank accounts statements that indicates this fund transfers into my business account be sufficient ? Will i need to include financial statements in my submitted unaudited account (in UK company gov website) to include statements to refer to my £200K investment ? Or can my company chartered accountant write a note to verify this investment?
What are the acceptable and successful ways to show prove of this investment.
I like to seek the experience of those would have successful submitted their extension application.
again, thanks in advance to fellow members. :?: :?: :?:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 1 Extension - Prove of Investment

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:19 am

Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all questions on the same application in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

hengyhk88 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:07 am
Dear Forum Members

Seeking an advice from experience forum members. I am due to extend my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa.
I have over the past 3 years transferred and utilised my £ 200K investment into my business. For extension application, what will be needed to show that i have invested £200K. Will the bank accounts statements that indicates this fund transfers into my business account be sufficient ? Will i need to include financial statements in my submitted unaudited account (in UK company gov website) to include statements to refer to my £200K investment ? Or can my company chartered accountant write a note to verify this investment?
What are the acceptable and successful ways to show prove of this investment.
I like to seek the experience of those would have successful submitted their extension application.
again, thanks in advance to fellow members. :?: :?: :?:
Have you read the guidance document?
The acceptable and successful way to prove it is clearly set out there. The documents vary a little based on how you have done your investment.
If you need specific clarification after reading the guidance don’t hesitate to ask
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

hengyhk88
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by hengyhk88 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Firstly, thanks to zimba88 and marcnath.

I did peruse through the guidance documents. Our company is small; thus the account filed in UK gov company are profit/loss and balance sheet. Simple financial stamens with not much details on breakdown. I take that it must somewhere show in these financial statements I have make the investment funds ? Or do I need a separate chartered account financial statement to show the investment ? any advice.
Thanks in advance.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:21 pm

hengyhk88 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:31 pm
Firstly, thanks to zimba88 and marcnath.

I did peruse through the guidance documents. Our company is small; thus the account filed in UK gov company are profit/loss and balance sheet. Simple financial stamens with not much details on breakdown. I take that it must somewhere show in these financial statements I have make the investment funds ? Or do I need a separate chartered account financial statement to show the investment ? any advice.
Thanks in advance.
Page 31 of the guidance says:
Investment: specified documents
You must provide your business accounts and accompanying evidence of your investment, which must meet the following requirements:
(a) If your business is a registered company which is required to produce audited accounts, the audited accounts must be provided with your application.
(b) If your business is not required to produce audited accounts, unaudited accounts and an accounts compilation report must be provided from an accountant.

As the guidance sets out, you do need at least one set of accounts prepared by an accountant. That should have the information set out in the guidance.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.