ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 graduate (Entrepreneur) visa extension (Urgent)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

brownie91
Newly Registered
Mood:

UK Tier 1 graduate (Entrepreneur) visa extension (Urgent)

Post by brownie91 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:07 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with extending my Tier 1 graduate (Entrepreneur) visa , and my current visa expires next month.

Eligibility requirements to extend this visa are:

You must already have this visa and all of the following:

1-a new endorsement letter from your UK higher education institute or the Department for International Trade (DIT) confirming that you’ve made satisfactory progress in developing your business

2-at least £945 available

I have all the above , but when I spoke to the visa advisor he said i must have the £945 for 90 days not just the month when i'm applying. This bit wasn't written in the official .gov website.

Because of that "90 days condition" now I don't meet the maintenance requirements, and will have to return home and apply once the maintenance requirements are met, which would be at a higher rate, plus it will affect my business progress and might lose potential clients and investors because I will have to wait for at least 2 months before i can apply to satisfy the 90 days period.

My questions are:

1- Can I provide a letter from an official bank, where a family member along with his bank statements saying he will be my financial sponsor for example,or something like that?

2-I contacted an immigration advisor who suggested that I lodge an application in time, prior to the visa is to expire, on outside the immigration rules, explaining my reasons to remain here and wait for their decision. I've never heard of this type of applications i'm not sure what to do with this advice.

If you have any advice that might help please let me know.

marcnath

Re: UK Tier 1 graduate (Entrepreneur) visa extension (Urgent)

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm

brownie91 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:07 pm
Hello,

I have a problem with extending my Tier 1 graduate (Entrepreneur) visa , and my current visa expires next month.

Eligibility requirements to extend this visa are:

You must already have this visa and all of the following:

1-a new endorsement letter from your UK higher education institute or the Department for International Trade (DIT) confirming that you’ve made satisfactory progress in developing your business

2-at least £945 available

I have all the above , but when I spoke to the visa advisor he said i must have the £945 for 90 days not just the month when i'm applying. This bit wasn't written in the official .gov website.

Because of that "90 days condition" now I don't meet the maintenance requirements, and will have to return home and apply once the maintenance requirements are met, which would be at a higher rate, plus it will affect my business progress and might lose potential clients and investors because I will have to wait for at least 2 months before i can apply to satisfy the 90 days period.

My questions are:

1- Can I provide a letter from an official bank, where a family member along with his bank statements saying he will be my financial sponsor for example,or something like that?

2-I contacted an immigration advisor who suggested that I lodge an application in time, prior to the visa is to expire, on outside the immigration rules, explaining my reasons to remain here and wait for their decision. I've never heard of this type of applications i'm not sure what to do with this advice.

If you have any advice that might help please let me know.
1 - no, you can't unless you are a joint account holder. But if you have accounts in your home country which would meet the requirement, you can use it.
2 - I am not familiar with that, but I assume you can go ahead and do the application anyway. You can then use the maximum time allowed for submitting the documents/bio metrics (choose an appointment as late as you can), then hope the decision is not made within the 90 days. You can send in statements when you get to the 90 days if a decision is not made by that time. That may not be accepted. But you can make a fresh application after any refusal and an AR refusal, by when you should have got the 90 days in all probability.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

MSS94
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: UK Tier 1 graduate (Entrepreneur) visa extension (Urgent)

Post by MSS94 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm having this exact issue at the moment as I completely forgot about the financial requirement! What was your progress though, would be keen to see how they dealt with your application.

Just FYI - I've put in a strong case to why I didn't meet that with a personal letter stating that I've had unexpected business and living expenses. I also got a fixed ISA savings with more money than required, official letter and bank statements from a Malaysian bank stating that my parents have been supporting me and will be. Fingers crossed all should be fine for me! But even if they reject it, I should already have the 90 days with my fixed savings hopefully.

Hope all went ok with you though!