ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: submitted printed copies to scan

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

divchopra

Tier 1 dependent help: Application asking my SOC code!

Post by divchopra » Thu May 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Hello,

I have a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa from last year valid until 2023. I got married recently and my wife will be joining me in the UK. We were filling her application and first part was about me. We put my information i.e name, which visa am i on, passport etc. I choose my visa path as Tier 1 entrepreneur. And end of the application the form is asking for my Standard Occupational Classification Code (SOC) for some reason. How can I have SoC code when I am on tier 1 entrepreneur. I can’t even write NA over there. It won’t go ahead without the SoC code. What shall i do?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 1 dependent help: Application asking my SOC code!

Post by zimba » Thu May 27, 2021 12:49 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Fri May 28, 2021 5:38 am

Hi Zimba. Thank you for your reply. I am still confused. Is SOC not only for tier 2 skilled workers? Can this be a mistake in the form from UKVI? Let’s say if I put a random code and UKVI doesn’t think it is correct, can they hold it against my application? As technically Tier 1 entrepreneur would not have a SOC code. Also when i read the SOC code I don’t know what yo put cuz they don’t match with my work. I run a fashion business selling shoes and I am the director of the company that I have registered. I look after the sales and marketing. Can you please help me with the SOC code as well?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 am

divchopra wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 5:38 am
Hi Zimba. Thank you for your reply. I am still confused. Is SOC not only for tier 2 skilled workers? Can this be a mistake in the form from UKVI? Let’s say if I put a random code and UKVI doesn’t think it is correct, can they hold it against my application? As technically Tier 1 entrepreneur would not have a SOC code. Also when i read the SOC code I don’t know what yo put cuz they don’t match with my work. I run a fashion business selling shoes and I am the director of the company that I have registered. I look after the sales and marketing. Can you please help me with the SOC code as well?
An SOC code determines a job level in the UK as per Standard Occupational Classification 2010
https://onsdigital.github.io/dp-classif ... _tool.html

Just choose an SOC that is close to what you do and move on with the application. It is not important
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 am

Thank you very much Zimba. I have one more question about the application. So I got married a month back. We got our legal marriage certificate as well (India). Will that be enough as a proof for marriage? Cuz all our documents are on our individual names. Like bank accounts and stuff! So I hope a marriage certificate is good enough document. Or if there’s anything more we need to do?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 am

Marriage certificate is enough

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Fri May 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Thanks. So no need to attest our marriage pictures in the application.

Also there is one more question. I think I have asked this before but just want to be sure. So my wife has maintained the balance in her personal account. Will that be okay? (The maintenance balance) It doesn’t have to be my personal account or a joint account necessarily right?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri May 28, 2021 1:11 pm

divchopra wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:52 pm
Thanks. So no need to attest our marriage pictures in the application.

Also there is one more question. I think I have asked this before but just want to be sure. So my wife has maintained the balance in her personal account. Will that be okay? (The maintenance balance) It doesn’t have to be my personal account or a joint account necessarily right?
It can be either account

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:11 pm

Thank you. You’re always so wonderful! My wife is applying for the visa this week. Can you please help me with documents. I have a list of documents that I am attaching. Please let me know if that’s okay or something is missing.

1. Application form
2. Passport
3. Marriage certificate
4. Bank statements (her personal bank account)
5. My brp/passport details
6. TB certificate.
7. Wedding photographs.
8. Cover letter (would be helpful if you can give a slight clue on what to write there)

Note: We’re not submitting IELTS as she finished her post graduation in the UK.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:48 pm

You don't need a cover letter.

There is NO English requirment that has to be met for tier 1 dependents.

You must also provide evidence of subsisting relationship, such as WhatsApp chat screen shots, call logs etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Can I ask you how exactly is one suppose to give whatsapp chats and call logs? Like that’s years of chats and logs. How exactly should we chose it? And how many pages or chats should we submit. It is confusing! And if anything else that is needed to prove the substantial relationship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Just a selection of chat and call log screenshots since relationship started.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:51 am

Hey thank you. Can you please help me with this? I an confused about selection of chats. We have been in a relationship for 5 years now and that’s 5 years of chats and calls. How much should I select? Like how many pages or screenshots are okay? And doni start from the beginning or do i just give last one year before our wedding? I don’t want us to lose our visa over this. We have years of chats and i am really confused how much should i provide them. Please suggest :)

divchopra

Urgent: submitted printed copies to scan

Post by divchopra » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:01 am

Hello,

We applied for my wife’s tier 1 dependent visa. We went to Vfs office in India with all our documents. As the originals were a little crumpled , we took out colour prints of them and submitted to vfs for scan. Although the prints were high quality and the documents and stamps on the print (like bank stamp) came out nicely, we got a little worried now if they will be accepted or we should have given them originals to scan even if crumpled. Although the bank statement was not in A4 so it had to be printed anyway. Please help. Thanks!

divchopra

Post by divchopra » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:20 pm
Just a selection of chat and call log screenshots since relationship started.
Thank you CR001 and Zimba for all your help. Received my wife’s dependent visa. You guys are anazing. Cheers!