ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application was returned as invalid/rejected and visa is no longer valid.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsinzx
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Visa application was returned as invalid/rejected and visa is no longer valid.

Post by hsinzx » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Hi - Can anyone please help ? I did not enter the IHS123456789 myself, I opened the online account 2-3 months prior to submission, and when i submitted the application, the IHS number defaulted into that.

My leave expired on the 25th May 2021, and if I read things correctly, I am now an overstayer with NO 3C Leave due to application being rejected.

Would I be able to reapply and resubmit ? Or what would be the best course of action ?

Thank you

I received an email stating the following :

You have attempted to make an application for T1 Entrepreneur Extension.

Your application is invalid for the reason below.

An application may be rejected if they do not meet the following requirements:
• Correct application and IHC (Immigration Health Charge) fees

You have not paid the Immigration Health Surcharge for your application the IHS number you have given IHS123456789 is not a valid number.

Fees for Your Attempted Application
From 18 March 2016, fees regulations allow the Home Office to retain an administration fee on in country charged applications that are rejected as invalid. The fee is £25 per person included in the application. This administration fee applies to your application and so the Home office will refund your payment, minus the administration fee.

Please ensure that you pay the correct fee if you make a fresh application. You must pay the current fee, as set out on our website at www.gov.uk/uk-visas-immigration.

LIABILITY TO REMOVAL
Persons who require, but no longer have leave to enter or remain are liable to removal from the United Kingdom under section 10 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (as amended by the Immigration Act 2014).

You may also be detained or required to report until your removal.

If you wish to seek legal advice you should do so now.

You will not be removed for the first seven calendar days after you receive this notice. Following the end of this seven day period, and for up to three months from the date of this notice, you may be removed without further notice.

Consequences of staying in the UK unlawfully
If you stay in the UK without leave:
you can be detained
you can be prosecuted, fined and imprisoned
you can be removed and banned from returning to the UK
you will not be allowed to work
if you work illegally, your earnings may be seized and assets confiscated
you will not be able to rent a home
you may not be able to claim any benefits and you may be prosecuted if you try to
you can be charged by the NHS for medical treatment. If you fail to pay, this may prevent you from remaining or re-entering the UK
you can be denied access to a bank account
your existing bank account may be closed or frozen and any balance withheld unless you leave
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency can prevent you from driving by taking away your driving licence
Help and advice on returning home
The Home Office Voluntary Departure Service can be contacted for help on returning home.

The team can discuss your return, help to obtain your travel document and send it to the port of departure, help with the cost of your tickets and, in some cases, provide other financial and practical assistance once you have returned to your home country.

If your travel documents are held by the Home Office, please contact the voluntary returns service before you book your flight if you are paying for your own return. This will help us ensure your passport is available for your flight.

Contact the Voluntary Returns Service
Telephone: 0300 004 0202 (Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.30pm)
Website: https://www.gov.uk/return-home-voluntar ... n-get-help.
Document option – delete if not applicable

The Data Protection Act 2018 governs how we use personal data. For details of how we will use your personal information and who we may share it with please see our Privacy Notice for the Border, Immigration and Citizenship system at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... itizenship. This also explains your key rights under the Act, how you can access your personal information and how to complain if you have concerns.

marcnath

Re: Visa application was returned as invalid/rejected and visa is no longer valid.

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Did you pay the IHS charge and do you have the proof of the same? If not, you can submit a new application within 14 days of the notification of the refusal.

If you have paid, then you can ask for your application to be reviewed - did they give you an option for Administrative Review?
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

hsinzx
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Re: Visa application was returned as invalid/rejected and visa is no longer valid.

Post by hsinzx » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi Marcnath,

Thank you, I was not given the option to pay the charge on the original application and in the end I applied for JR and HO allowed me to use my new application's IHS to pay for the initial one. They will void the second application fee and refund it.

If i submitted the new application without going through JR, I would have been an overstayer and I may have problems getting my ILR.

So thank you for the advice, very much appreciated!

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:18 pm

hsinzx wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:52 pm
Hi Marcnath,

Thank you, I was not given the option to pay the charge on the original application and in the end I applied for JR and HO allowed me to use my new application's IHS to pay for the initial one. They will void the second application fee and refund it.

If i submitted the new application without going through JR, I would have been an overstayer and I may have problems getting my ILR.

So thank you for the advice, very much appreciated!
This is confusing.
It would be good to have a proper timeline of what's been happening. It looks like quite a few things have happened since Jul 20 - JR, new application, HO's reconsideration of old application, etc.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

hsinzx
Newly Registered
Mood:
Singapore

Post by hsinzx » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:00 pm

In summary, I obtained a JR and went through the JR route, and HO allowed me to pay for my original application, which was the outcome that was intended.

Thank you!