ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work-for-hire contract and employment

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier1Dependent
Newly Registered

Work-for-hire contract and employment

Post by Tier1Dependent » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 am

Good afternoon Gurus

I am hiring a couple of people for a 1-month fixed term job each. These are not my employees, and the contract is worded as such i.e. they are service providers and my company is the receiver.

The payment to each would satisfy the minimum wage rules, and the timeline mentioned on the contract is 1 month (no hours mentioned, as this is not an employment contract).

Since UKVI has offered Covid-led flexibility on employment creation, I was wondering if I could use these 2 months of employment as part of the eventual employment criteria (i.e. total 24 mth requirement)? Is there something I need to mention in contract/ any process I need to follow to help this cause?

Thanks in advance

marcnath

Re: Work-for-hire contract and employment

Post by marcnath » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Tier1Dependent wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:25 am
Good afternoon Gurus

I am hiring a couple of people for a 1-month fixed term job each. These are not my employees, and the contract is worded as such i.e. they are service providers and my company is the receiver.

The payment to each would satisfy the minimum wage rules, and the timeline mentioned on the contract is 1 month (no hours mentioned, as this is not an employment contract).

Since UKVI has offered Covid-led flexibility on employment creation, I was wondering if I could use these 2 months of employment as part of the eventual employment criteria (i.e. total 24 mth requirement)? Is there something I need to mention in contract/ any process I need to follow to help this cause?

Thanks in advance
No, they do not count towards job creation. Only employees who are on your payroll and subject to PAYE are eligible to be counted.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Tier1Dependent
Newly Registered

Re: Work-for-hire contract and employment

Post by Tier1Dependent » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 am

Thank you for the reply

Best Regards