ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ABSENCE FROM UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BenDee
Newly Registered
South Africa

ABSENCE FROM UK

Post by BenDee » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Hello

The Appendix on Continuous Residence in the UK states that when calculating the 180 days in CR 2.1. or CR 2.2. any period spent outside the UK will not count towards the 180-day limit if the absence was for research activity undertaken by a person on the Global Talent route who was endorsed by:
(i) The Royal Society; or
(ii) The British Academy; or
(iii) The Royal Academy of Engineering; or
(iv) UKRI.

I currently possess the Global Talent Visa endorsed by the The Royal Academy of Engineering. But I’m currently working as researcher outside UK and not affiliated with any institution in the UK. I might not be able to relocate completely to the UK in the next three years, but will be visiting. I will like to know if the time spent outside UK will not be counted towards my 180 days limit, since I am conducting research.
Please advise. What evidence do I need to support this?