ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for Exceptional Promise after Talent was denied? Tech city UK

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

catalinadlgv
Newly Registered
Mexico

Apply for Exceptional Promise after Talent was denied? Tech city UK

Post by catalinadlgv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello friends,

My husband recently applied for Techccity Uk as an exceptional talent and got his endorsement denied. He is now thinking about applying as a Promise instead.
Has anyone done this? Do you have any recommendations or suggestions to make a better application?
Has anyone used solicitors for the process?

Thank you

essarp
Newly Registered
India

Re: Apply for Exceptional Promise after Talent was denied? Tech city UK

Post by essarp » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 am

Hi,
Not to discourage you but I know one of my friend applied under exceptional talent but got endorsed because tech city recommended that he met exceptional promise rather than exceptional talent.
This was clearly mentioned in the endorsement letter, no second application was required.
Hope this helps.

presidentialiq
Newly Registered

Re: Apply for Exceptional Promise after Talent was denied? Tech city UK

Post by presidentialiq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 am

catalinadlgv wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:33 pm
Hello friends,

My husband recently applied for Techccity Uk as an exceptional talent and got his endorsement denied. He is now thinking about applying as a Promise instead.
Has anyone done this? Do you have any recommendations or suggestions to make a better application?
Has anyone used solicitors for the process?

Thank you

Hi Catalina,

I did exactly just that. When my first application was denied, I then applied under Promise but when my endorsement letter came - it came saying I was endorsed under "Exceptional Talent" not even Promise that I applied for.

So, what that showed me was that the answer is in the documents and how it was formulated. It didn't have to do with promise or talent, it had to do with the structure of my documents and how strong it was.

So, to make his application better - I would advice spending time working on Personal Statement and CV. There are some very key phrases and sentences they are looking to see or read in the those documents, they need to see a structure.

Another advice is to ensure the whole application is "uniform". What I mean by this is that each letter or document should have some type of link to other documents. This was one of the things that helped me in my successful application, my application had synergy.

I have a very helpful post that might help you and your husband. Its called "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" personal blog weblink removed by moderator

All the best!!!!!