ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Banks do no open account although I have GTV visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

messengercrow
inactive
Iran

Banks do no open account although I have GTV visa

Post by messengercrow » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:31 pm

Hi all,
I am in the UK but banks refuse to open bank account for me. I have tried almost all of them. NatWest, Barclays, HSBC, Santander,....you name it.

Has anybody have the same problem? I am here on a 5 year visa. Why am I not able to open account?

I have collected my BRP and on my visa sticker it says Global Talent Migrant. Why a migrant can't open account?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Banks do no open account although I have GTV visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:37 pm

What type of account are you trying to open?

You should start with a basic account, the no frills kind, to build up your credit profile I'm the UK.

Have you tried Monzo or starling?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

messengercrow
inactive
Iran

Re: Banks do no open account although I have GTV visa

Post by messengercrow » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:40 pm

I have heard of Monzu but I haven't tried it yet. My employer also advised me. But you see, we were to colleagues who went to Santander together, with same documents. They opened for my friend who is on sponsorship visa, but not for me.